I read a review about them in a magazine. The review (in short) said they were extremely cheap and made in China but were quality made guitars at a cheap price. anyone play these guitars because I've seen a few that have caught my attention.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

i played my mates one once
it wasnt great but its a beginners guitar and would suit most and possibly all beginner budgets
I got an SX Beginner Pack for my first guitar, it was cheap, and good for a while, until my skills advanced more. There an alright beginner guitar, but don't keep it for too long. At one point you cant learn anymore on it.
Guitar: Cort G290
Amp: Laney LX65R
Pedal: Korg AX3G Multi-Effect
They suck. My guitar is cheap and i thought it didn't get any worse-until i played a Squier bullet. Then i knew for sure that was the worst guitar ever-until i played an SX. Never again....
Quote by HUNYeti
SX guitars = quality beginners guitar

Fixed.

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
Quote by stussy<>punk
Fixed.

Wrong. SX are crap beginner axes. You want the best beginner guitar? Indiana ripley.
I play a cheapie SX strat copy.......the wood isnt great.....the construction is very good for the price. I swapped the pickups to seymour duncans, changed the machine heads and did a killer setup on it....the guitar sounds better than a couple of my friend's USA strats
Bought very cheap SX strat thing w/ ash body.
Great for the price, little bit trebly and ultimatly neck was too fat for me, so I sold it... (I have MIJ strat now...)

They are decent
Wow, those bagging clearly have never played one. I've reviewed a few for FrugalGuitarist.com and was shocked by the SST57 stop tail. I've been playing for 22 years and I have no issue recommending them to people, very good guitars which would sell to 2 to 3 times the price in a local music store. You can hear quite a few clips on my site. Now, one thing to consider is the necks are fat. If your use to a real thin U shaped neck, then it's going to be uncomfortable at first...

BTW - I'm not associated with the company in any way, I just like their guitars.
well, thank you everyone, especially you FrugalGuitarist, for your opinions and reviews. I appreciate the help.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by CRON
I play a cheapie SX strat copy.......the wood isnt great.....the construction is very good for the price. I swapped the pickups to seymour duncans, changed the machine heads and did a killer setup on it....the guitar sounds better than a couple of my friend's USA strats

alder isnt good? guess i gotta throw away my jackson now..
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Some people obviously dont knwo what they are talking about. I own 2 SST62 SX's and these are great guitars for the money. Perhaps the best value around .

The wood is Alder and it allows them to sing and sustain beautifully. The pickups are pretty good. This guitar is good enough to use professionally off the rack, it is that good.

ok, spend money on the bridge, nut, tuners, get the action set up, and it will be as good as a Fender. Neck is good but chunky, could replace with a slimmer aftermarket one.

Way underpriced for what it gives you! PEople wouldnt know a bargin if it hit them in the face! Great for us "thrifty" guitar players.