Hey all. My epi les paul std. got pretty bad neck damage. It fell over about 3 times, because Im an idiot, and so is my drummer. We're both to blame, but the initial cracking was my fault.

So I was wondering, Do I completely replace the neck, or do I just try and get it fixed at my local guitar shop?
Chris Redfield Of The Resident Evil Club
if it is beyond 100% repair get a new one
if you can get it back to what it was replace it
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Its a pretty decent sized crack, but it still is playable, with 100% tone as far as im concerned.

Could anybody give me what they think a price for this could be?
Might as well try getting it repaired, probably be cheaper and less hassle.
especially being a set neck
gd luck with that
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals

Pics?

But take it to a luthier, they will know what to do. Considering Slash's guitar neck snapped in half and they saved it, I think they could do something.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Pics would be helpful, then we could tell you how or what would need to be done to fix it. Might just need some glue, or maybe something to re-inforce it plus glue. Chances are, the paint and finish will never be the same though, I doubt a luthier would even get it perfect unless the entire body is re-painted. If it was my guitar, I would repair it myself. Are you handy with wood working tools? You might actually have fun and buy junk guitars just to fix them...thats basically how I got into it.
^ haha no, i can't even adjust my freaking pickups with making a mess.

But i'll get pics first thing tomorrow ...err later today.

oh and also, I really don't mind about a paint job too much. To be honest, I just would like to be rid of the crack so it feels , and looks (atleast from the front) like a really nice guitar.