Well for the beginner it's good, but it's way too digital for me.

Cause I'm a nosy parker, and I went to your profile, maybe you should get a new amp if you aren't really happy with your tone. You won't get really far by just adding a cheap muilti FX to the chain.

Oh well.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Final !mpact
Any good?

I was thinking of getting one. What is the Wah and the EQ like on it?

I have not used the G1 but I bought a G2.1u two days ago.

The inbuilt wah's are OK and the EQ is decent, but the effects in multi's are never as good as the dedicated (bt far more expensive pedals).

I bought the FX unit because it has some modelling to vary my sound a little, and also to have FX such as chorus, delay, volume pedal, tremolo, etc handy.

There are a few good site where people share their custom patch settings

Also I can plug it into my pc powered by USB and record without miccing my amp and get some very nice sounds.
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
Last edited by Leper_Messiah_ at Jul 23, 2008,
Quote by Lil Macker
Well for the beginner it's good, but it's way too digital for me.

Cause I'm a nosy parker, and I went to your profile, maybe you should get a new amp if you aren't really happy with your tone. You won't get really far by just adding a cheap muilti FX to the chain.

Oh well.

I'm quite happy with my amp at the moment. I didn't want the zoom for amazing tone enhancement because i know most multi FX units are very digital sounding. I just like to have allot of those effects at my fingertips.

I am to poor to afford a decent chorus and wah pedals so this is the best i can do
Quote by Final !mpact
I'm quite happy with my amp at the moment. I didn't want the zoom for amazing tone enhancement because i know most multi FX units are very digital sounding. I just like to have allot of those effects at my fingertips.

I am to poor to afford a decent chorus and wah pedals so this is the best i can do

Fair enough! But the wah isn't that good. I think the chorus is alright though!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Fair enough! But the wah isn't that good. I think the chorus is alright though!

Hmmm I have never actually used a wah before. If its fun to play around with i might buy a good wah.
I had a G2 (not the USB model) - like the G1 it has no expression pedal so AUTO-WAH is the only WAH you'll get. I sold it when I got my Korg Toneworks ME Pedal as the Korg just flat out sounded better with my Tube Amps - the ZOOM was OK with my SS Amps but not so good with my tubers.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
These are alright, I have one, very digital sounding but good enough to start with. Only big downside are the Wahs are effin terrible. Phaser is alright. Some of the drives are quite nice aswell, mainly the clean, blues and metal ones. Good for anyone who's buying a first pedal. Anyone better, I wouldn't bother.
Quote by Leper_Messiah_
I have not used the G1 but I bought a G2.1u two days ago.

The inbuilt wah's are OK and the EQ is decent, but the effects in multi's are never as good as the dedicated (bt far more expensive pedals).

I bought the FX unit because it has some modelling to vary my sound a little, and also to have FX such as chorus, delay, volume pedal, tremolo, etc handy.

There are a few good site where people share their custom patch settings

Also I can plug it into my pc powered by USB and record without miccing my amp and get some very nice sounds.

did the usb come along with the contents? my dad bought me one and i live away from them so he delivered the box by mail but i can't seem to find the usb in it.

oh and is there a site on tutorials to use this thing properly? i am really stupid in using effects.lol