I was looking for some info about these two guitars. I'm really into more "classic" metal shapes, and these two seemed to round out at the top of the list. Anyone played them? Heard them in action? Anything?
I do like the V, But i'm not sure if i'm willing to fork up more money for a shape. The whole thing has me confused right now, and i'd just like input on what would be a more suitable choice.
(oops, forgot to mention that the one i'm tilking about are the non-trems. I don't like floyds

EDIT: their we go, all better now, right?
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Last edited by Rockingbird at Jul 23, 2008,
GX/FX Futura? I thought it was the EX and FX? And they both come with a set of EMG 81/85. The EX has the Floyd, FX has Tune-O-Matic.
i apologize. i haven't slept a wink at all tonight. anyway, your right, i just checked. but still, any thoughts on the two, or maybe a suggestion for something else?
Current Gear:
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I haven't played any of those, but if the neck on the Futura is anything like the neck on Epiphone Korina Explorers, then it is sexy. Also, the EMG's are most probably best suited for hard rock/metal, but I don't have much experience with EMGs. Mind you, considering the EX has an original floyd, and EMGs, it seems like a good deal. On GAK, the EX (they don't have the FX on there) is £369/$738, and the Korina Explorer is £279/$558. So when you think of the price of an ORIGINAL floyd rose, and the price of a set of EMG 81's/85's, it is a damn good deal.
yeah, but i'm not talking about the EX. I wanted the FX, which happens t be trem-less. Is it still a good deal, then? i wouldn't know, i'm a noob that way.
Current Gear:
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
Quote by FacingUsAll

G-400? Thats a sweet deal, except that i hate the SG. (Don't flame me!)
Current Gear:
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp