The GX has no microphone preamp or XLR connection, but is cheaper than the UX1. You can get a microphone preamp like the ART MP and stick its output into the GX if you must have a microphone. Other than that, they're more or less the same.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Of those two, in my opinion you're much better off going with the UX1, it saves you having to mess around with (not to mention pay for) and external preamp. A decent sounding preamp would cost much more than $40, which is the difference between the two. But as fridge raider said, it depends conpletely on what you're planning to record.
I'm the new king
I taste the queen
In here we are all anemic
In here, anemic and sweet
Guitar, Bass, Vocals, and perhaps Drums. I know that with the first one it only has a 1/4th, but if I bought an adapter would that cheapen the sound of the vocals? Or if I were to mic up my amp? I figure buying that and the adapter would be cheaper than the UX1. However I'll just wait if the quality'll get screwy.
the UX1 has more inputs however you can run an XLR to TRS adapter and use a mic with the GX..
Both have the same components and preamps..both are USB 1.1 units as well so you will have some latency.
Quote by Boredom210
...Or if I were to mic up my amp? I figure buying that and the adapter would be cheaper than the UX1. However I'll just wait if the quality'll get screwy.

I wouldn't try to record vocals through a guitar amp or a TonePort.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I'm still a bit confused on whether or not using an XRL adapter to the first product would weaken the quality.
Quote by Boredom210
I'm still a bit confused on whether or not using an XRL adapter to the first product would weaken the quality.

In the first product you're going to need a mic preamp, but yeah in general adaptors do weaken the signal (not always), but this isn't an adapter as such. With preamps, you get what you pay for to a certain extent, you can buy $60 single input behringer preamps, and other brands of a similar nature but in my opinion you'd still be much better off going with the UX1.
I'm the new king
I taste the queen
In here we are all anemic
In here, anemic and sweet