I like it, good job. I notice you put down the high parts too I don't blame you
Quote by Aleene
I like it, good job. I notice you put down the high parts too I don't blame you

Haha, thanks! Yeah, but I did the high parts at the end!
ok at first, i thought 'damn this kid can sing'
but then i thought lets wait for the chorus.
and well, lets face it, disappointment.
i really expected him (you?) to have the range.
and the falsetto seems to be quite solid considering the outro...

nice work anyway.
Quote by dEipHoBoS
ok at first, i thought 'damn this kid can sing'
but then i thought lets wait for the chorus.
and well, lets face it, disappointment.
i really expected him (you?) to have the range.
and the falsetto seems to be quite solid considering the outro...

nice work anyway.

Haha, thanks, I can do the falsetto in the chorus, but my Music Teacher said just to do it at the end. I'm not sure why...mabye I can't do it ... but I played it before at a gig with the falsetto chorus and everyone said it was fine, so I don't know. Thank you so much for everyone's support and comments, I really appreciate it, and I'll get round to criticing other people's covers.
Very nice job. You've certainly got the tone down, and for the most part, it was a pretty decent cover. Maybe on the chorus you could harmonise with another membe to get the high part down, even if it sounds faked.

Much easier to sing through a PA system than into a little mic connected to your computer isn't it? =]
Quote by gallagher2006
Very nice job. You've certainly got the tone down, and for the most part, it was a pretty decent cover. Maybe on the chorus you could harmonise with another membe to get the high part down, even if it sounds faked.

Much easier to sing through a PA system than into a little mic connected to your computer isn't it? =]

Hahah, indeed it is!! I was lucky my friend's dad recorded it! I need to get a good webcam or whatever so I can record more stuff.
let us hear the song in the original key, will you?
wipe away my disappointment
hope you have good gear to record it
Last edited by dEipHoBoS at Jul 27, 2008,
I don't understand why it matters what key he played it in. Coldplay's singer put in a range that is comfortable for him, so why can't this guy move it to one he's comfortable with?

I thought this was a great cover, one of the best I've seen on this site. I agree that you should have gone up in the chorus but if your music teacher told you otherwise I would have done the same thing in your situation. For the most part, good singers are rare on this sight but you have a good voice, keep it up.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
Quote by kyurah
I don't understand why it matters what key he played it in. Coldplay's singer put in a range that is comfortable for him, so why can't this guy move it to one he's comfortable with?

I thought this was a great cover, one of the best I've seen on this site. I agree that you should have gone up in the chorus but if your music teacher told you otherwise I would have done the same thing in your situation. For the most part, good singers are rare on this sight but you have a good voice, keep it up.

Thanks!! Really appreciate it! This cover is in the original key, just without the falsetto in the chorus I think.
very good!
very good voice and a very good cover

well again some people said about that you should gone up in the chorus...but if your teacher said that you should do it like that then it's okay,
You sounded great and as for people saying he should stay in Coldplay's key... firstly, try to sing in the lead singers falsetto flawlessly, and secondly, its called a cover and not a knock-off for a reason.
what are you tlaking about? I am a noob please dont confuse me with big words liek that.
Man why didn't you hit the high notes in the chorus? Ruined it for me :/
But the verses were good.. Still can't get over that you skipped on the higher notes!
Sorry! :P
I only have one guitar, sue me..
I wish you did the high parts in the chorus, that's my favourite part of that song.

Great cover still though.
Quote by Love is Insane
Man why didn't you hit the high notes in the chorus? Ruined it for me :/
But the verses were good.. Still can't get over that you skipped on the higher notes!
Sorry! :P

Read ^ For some reason my music teacher said I shouldn't...