OK, so I know Fender make the "best" strats, obviously it comes down to taste though. Can anyone suggest another brand that make strat style guitars that have similar features to Fenders, but might be cheaper.

I'm looking to spend around 1200 AUD, which is enough to but a Fender MIM Deluxe Strat. If anyone has any alternate suggestions, please let me know.
squier lol
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Uh... PRS? I don't know. I mean, if you want a Strat style guitar on a $1200 budget, might as well get a Strat.
Quote by bapplebo
Uh... PRS? I don't know. I mean, if you want a Strat style guitar on a $1200 budget, might as well get a Strat.

Yeah, it would be the best idea, if you want a Strat.

Why have an imatation if you can have the real thing!?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Yeah, I know what you mean. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions like "X guitar is just as good as fender, but its $300 cheaper", or if other guitars had any special features that a fender in my price range wouldnt have.
Blade Guitars, amazing.
there is also Cole Clark, but idk about the prices.
strat player forever.
Agile
www.rondomusic.com
I've recommended this site twice in the last minute
You won't find anything on that site over $600, but they're top notch guitars
ohai little sig.
You could probably get a second hand American for about that.
With that amount of money you should at least get a MIJ.
Lurk on http://www.ausband.com.au/
And see if any strats come up for sale in the forums.
Quote by Lil Macker
Why have an imatation if you can have the real thing!?

cos imitations are often better? and/or cheaper. EDIT: it needs to be the right imitation though- normally japanese-made copies, like e.g. tokai, are a good bet for quality + decent value.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a few Fender Strats but I also have an older USA made Hamer that I picked up used for $500.00 and it is flat out great.
Perhaps a G&L Legacy?

EDIT: Ah, I scanned the OP's post. He has 1200 AUD. Sorry, was thinking USD.
GEAR:
Fender MIM HSS Strat
VOX AD30VT
FUNDS: $600
Last edited by EtherealAmateur at Jul 23, 2008,
Just looking through some of the brands mentioned and Blade really caught my eye. Anyone know how much these things retail for? Even in USD is ok, just so I can get an indication. I cant find prices anywhere.
there's quite a range of prices... the cheapest ones here start at about £350 (which is about $700, though prices in the USA are often quite a bit cheaper than a direct conversion of UK prices). They get up to pro prices for the japanese-made ones (like £1000+). EDIT: oh, you're in australia. your prices are likely to be similar to the UK ones, if not even more expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, everything seems more expensive here, which kinda sucks. But I just have to deal with it.

Im interested in either the California, Classic or Texas series. Do you know the prices of these off hand by any chance.

Also, is there a way I can find out where they are made from the specs?
OK, I found the prices.... but they are in Swiss Francs. Ive done the price conversion to AUD, but are Guitars more expensive in Switzerland than they are in Australia (or even in America)? I cant say Ive ever come across guitar prices quoted in Swiss Francs.
^ those'd be worth a look too.

Quote by monty1104
Yeah, everything seems more expensive here, which kinda sucks. But I just have to deal with it.

Im interested in either the California, Classic or Texas series. Do you know the prices of these off hand by any chance.

Also, is there a way I can find out where they are made from the specs?

it's hard to tell where they're made from the specs. the most expensive ones are japanese-made, but from reading magazine reviews, the cheaper ones can be korean, or even chinese. Though i think they're all set up in levinson blade's swiss workshop (that might be why you found prices in swiss francs).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that's just not true. there are plenty of kickass fender copies too- tokai, blade, g & l, edwards, etc. etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?