I wanted to hear your opinion on which guitar I should buy.
What I am looking for is a electric guitar with a fixed bridge(no tremolo).
It should be a guitar for a person with who has played for around 6 months.
and the budget is 700$ (american dollars) but that's really pushing it!.
i play mostly indie rock like Arctic Monkeys.. Sometimes GnR-stuff and Velvet Revolver
the best i could find was a Ibanez RG321MH... any other suggestions

the amp i intend to use is a Roland Cube 15 or 20X amp
Last edited by KaFuCh at Aug 22, 2008,
The Ibanez RG321MH is a great guitar. I used to own it. The neck is very comfortable, the pickups are versatile (I used it in a rock band and a jazz ensemble) and it's very affordable (way under $700). Definitely check it out.
Quote by khults83
The Ibanez RG321MH is a great guitar. I used to own it. The neck is very comfortable, the pickups are versatile (I used it in a rock band and a jazz ensemble) and it's very affordable (way under $700). Definitely check it out.

and you can take the money you save and get a decent amp, the better stuff you start on i think the more youll wanna keep playing
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
what country are you in? i'm guessing it's not the USA (or even western europe) if the best guitar you could find for $700 is an ibanez rg321. I'd have though it's way too metal for the tones you want, anyway.

what's your amp, too?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
what country are you in? i'm guessing it's not the USA (or even western europe) if the best guitar you could find for $700 is an ibanez rg321. I'd have though it's way too metal for the tones you want, anyway.

what's your amp, too?

Denmark, the RG doesn't cost that, that's just the budget if it is really good.
the amp i intend to buy is a Roland Cube 15 or 20X...

Any suggestions on a good guitar and/or a good bedroom amp, that i can play Indie Rock / Rock on is much appreciated
SIGNATURE
Last edited by KaFuCh at Jul 24, 2008,
how heavy rock? cubes are nice for hard rock and metal, but if you don't play too heavy stuff, a vox valvetronix might be preferable (the normal valvetronix, not the XL). also, if you do decide to go for the cube, consider the 30 instead as it has more amp models. i'll not recommend a guitar either, as, much like the cube, the ibanez is quite heavily geared towards metal and other high-gain playing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
do you think a Epiphone Les Paul Custom is a good guitar for me?
SIGNATURE
possibly... how heavy rock do you mean by "rock"?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by khults83
You might want to check out the ESP LTD EC-400, if you're considering an epiphone. It's got that classic Les Paul look, but I think the quality is better and it sports a Seymour Duncan '59/JB set. Definitely a versatile guitar.

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_ec.html

ESP LTD guitars are extortionate in Europe.

To TS, ever used this website before? Thomann.de/dk

Good prices and reliable customer services!
Quote by Dave_Mc
possibly... how heavy rock do you mean by "rock"?

rock as in Velvet Revolver, GnR and Metallica
SIGNATURE
Quote by khults83
You might want to check out the ESP LTD EC-400, if you're considering an epiphone. It's got that classic Les Paul look, but I think the quality is better and it sports a Seymour Duncan '59/JB set. Definitely a versatile guitar.

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_ec.html

+1 check out the eclipse series.
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by KaFuCh
rock as in Velvet Revolver, GnR and Metallica

ok, VR and g n r aren't all that heavy. metallica can be quite heavy, depends on whether you mean 80s metallica or new metallica, i guess...

i have no idea if they ship to denmark or not, but www.machinehead.co.uk is selling new old stock washburn wi65pro idols for £239 (i guess that's about 400-500 euro?), if they haven't all sold out, that is. Assuming they ship to denmark, and the shipping isn't astronomical (denmark is part of the EU, isn't it? you shouldn't have to pay customs then), that'd be my pick for a hardtail guitar with twin humbuckers at around your budget.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
do you think an epiphone les paul custom would suit my style?
SIGNATURE
You should take a look at rondomusic. They have some good instruments for the price. The shipping to DK is quite alot, though. around $135

And to those who not living in EU. A budget of $700 can only buy guitar that cost half the price in the state due to all the taxes and shipping costs. such a pain...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

a lot of indie uses single coils, to be honest. i might aim for something which has both, e.g. yamaha pacifica 112v or higher.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?