Does anybody have an idea of a good guitar with those specs, under 750-850$,

preferentially with passive pickups and mahogany body ?

Suggestions ?
Last edited by slappyx at Jun 4, 2009,
I would not advise a Schecter, they have financial problems right now. They don't even have money to build one single guitar. ESP/LTD rocks though
Quote by HeavyMetalDevil
I would not advise a Schecter, they have financial problems right now. They don't even have money to build one single guitar. ESP/LTD rocks though

....??

Where did you get this info from?
Jacksonnnnnnnnnnn.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by Mwoit
....??

Where did you get this info from?

Probably ordered a custom and it's taking them awhile...because it's a custom. That's just a spitballing off the top of my head reaction though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
Probably ordered a custom and it's taking them awhile...because it's a custom. That's just a spitballing off the top of my head reaction though.

yeah, because i can't find anything anywhere about them being in any kinda financial trouble. Either he's pissed at them for some reason, or is a fanboy of ESP/LTD.
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Fender CD-SCE140 Acoustic Electric
1962 Guild MKIII Classical
Hanks for your answers.

What about ibanez though ? Anyone to testify ?

RGR420EX and RGT42DX seem pretty nice no ?
Ibanez makes some damn good guitars for low prices, you can never go wrong with an RG. I'd say an RG or a Schecter imo
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Quote by Goblumich07
Ibanez makes some damn good guitars for low prices, you can never go wrong with an RG. I'd say an RG or a Schecter imo

Some specific models to advice ?
i'm looking at the Schecter SheDevil and Damien FR as my next guitar, i'm not too familiar with the RG line as far as model #'s
:
BC Rich Bronze Warlock
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Quote by slappyx
Hanks for your answers.

What about ibanez though ? Anyone to testify ?

RGR420EX and RGT42DX seem pretty nice no ?

Generally, any Ibanez RG guitars that are not 5xx models or above or Prestige will have **** trems (unless it's hardtail).

Read here for more on Ibanez trems.
Quote by Mwoit
Generally, any Ibanez RG guitars that are not 5xx models or above or Prestige will have **** trems (unless it's hardtail).

Read here for more on Ibanez trems.

agreed.

Quote by Goblumich07
, you can never go wrong with an RG.

that's just stupid. no offence.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
OK, so I should choose beetween the Jackson DKMG, the ESP MH-400 and the Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR to fit my budget isn't it ?

Any other options on Fender ? Ibanez ? Epiphone ?
I SAY IBANEZ RGT42DX. I have a lot of guitars, and that is my best shredding guitar. Its in my sig. The Edge III trem is not as bad as they say. I have other guitars with an edge III, although I did put an OFR in my RGT42dx. It is the best feeling guitar under 1500 I know of, and I would say the best feeling right after the washburn WM which is almost 2000 dollars.

The RGT42dx is in my sig. It's better than anthing, especially once you put an OFR on it.
i think you can get some lower-end rg prestige's for around the price of the non-prestige neck-thrus (rg1570 I think is ~$750?)
Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Stratocaster
Some random Yamaha acoustic
VOX amPlug AC30
Like some others have said the Jackson Dk2M Dinky Pro. Great guitar for the money.
Fender MIM Fat Strat
Jackson Dk2m Dinky Pro
Jackson DKMGT
Ibanez RG7321
Goya/Martin G812 Acoustic
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
Roland MicroCube
ESP LTD: Questionable fit and finish
Ibanez: Crap build quality and hardware unless you get a Japanese one
Jackson: Well build guitars, though they can often use a pot change to tame the pups

Feel and sound mean little, as they all tend to feel at least playable. Your mine concern should be build and component quality.
Quote by HeavyMetalDevil
ESP owns Schecter...
Quote by FRDesign
ESP owns Schecter...

no
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by FRDesign

Quote by Wikipedia
In 1987, the Texan investors sold the company to Hisatake Shibuya, a Japanese entrepreneur who also owned the Musicians Institute in Hollywood and ESP Guitars (Schecter Guitar Research and ESP Guitars have remained to this day separate entities).

Doesn't mean ESP owns Schecter, it means the guy who owns ESP bought Schecter...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR looks very nice
But I hesitate beetween this one and the Jackson DKMG...
I'm going to try them if I find them in a local guitar store.

Though, I read that you can tap coils on the Schecter so I assume it gives more versatility to the guitar... I think I should take that in mind too...
I have an MH-250 by LTD/ESP and honestly, it's better than the guitars worth thousands of dollars i have tried. I swapped the original passive emgs for the 81/85 set and it sounds amazing. I love everything about that guitar. And it was only 600 after taxes
Quote by slappyx
Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR looks very nice
But I hesitate beetween this one and the Jackson DKMG...
I'm going to try them if I find them in a local guitar store.

Though, I read that you can tap coils on the Schecter so I assume it gives more versatility to the guitar... I think I should take that in mind too...

Hellraisers aren't passives though. C1 Blackjack FR?

If you go used you can pick up some awesome Ibanez RG550's and 750's although they are HSH config, the same goes for some Kramer and Charvels

Edit:
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Last edited by Deep*Kick at Jun 5, 2009,
Quote by HeavyMetalDevil

I've also heard about this. They are having trouble fulfilling orders and keeping up with demand. But I doubt it's financial problems. If you have to order one from Schecter, you may end up waiting months for it.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1123550&highlight=ordered+schecter

Quote by platypus01
i think you can get some lower-end rg prestige's for around the price of the non-prestige neck-thrus (rg1570 I think is ~$750?)

A low-end prestige is the same quality as a high end prestige...just different features, many aesthetic.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RGR1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=514538
Not at first, but Edge III's don't last too long after a long time. However, Edge Pro works very well. I, like others, recommend the Jackson DK2M Dinky, has good pickups, good construction and Jackson makes a decent Floyd Rose.
Quote by Goblumich07
yeah, because i can't find anything anywhere about them being in any kinda financial trouble. Either he's pissed at them for some reason, or is a fanboy of ESP/LTD.

You probably wouldn't be able to find anything because SGR is still a private company and thus have obligation or are not required to disclose their financials. Plus if they are so loaded with orders, its likely they're facing financial issues.

Also to the guy that says that ESP own Schetcher. Just because they are owned by the same guy doesn't mean that ESP owns Schetcher. ESP didn't buy Schetecher, Hisatake Shibuya did.

I'd like to add that if the TS can get a hold of an Edwards that should be considered as well.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 4, 2009,