What programs would be best for Loop Based Music?
I am looking for something that is easy to use and that has a ton of loops to jack around with. As always cheaper is better but I would love to have suggestions in all price ranges.

Any help would be great.

Thank you for your time and knowledge,

-Ryan
Mixcraft, Fruity Loops, and my personal favorite, Acid.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
fruityloops is good but the samples that come with it are very plain. maybe rewire with reason, thats what I do and I get some sick drum samples in there.
Ok I have used Garageband before and I liked it quite a bit. However Im running Windows. So that idea is out.

I have also used Fruity Loops but it was only the free demo. It was ok but I didnt really care for the way the main window was set up. I want to see the audio files as signal not just bars that flash as they go by. That was a huge turn off for me.

Any more Ideas? Also if it helps, I do not have a midi keyboard. I would like to get one but alas its not in the budget right now. Anything that I can still do alot with without one?

The basic idea of what im going for is to make things like jam tracks. Maybe the occasional full song. I mostly want to make stuff that i can jam along with.

I want my software to inspire me, not slow me down.

Thanks,

Ryan
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
Ok I have used Garageband before and I liked it quite a bit. However Im running Windows. So that idea is out.

I have also used Fruity Loops but it was only the free demo. It was ok but I didnt really care for the way the main window was set up. I want to see the audio files as signal not just bars that flash as they go by. That was a huge turn off for me.

Any more Ideas? Also if it helps, I do not have a midi keyboard. I would like to get one but alas its not in the budget right now. Anything that I can still do alot with without one?

The basic idea of what im going for is to make things like jam tracks. Maybe the occasional full song. I mostly want to make stuff that i can jam along with.

I want my software to inspire me, not slow me down.

Thanks,

Ryan

you can have the signal.
just drag the file or whatever down to the bottom section of the sequence bit, the bit you lay out the pattens you've already made.
garage band is really simple and easy to use. It has loads of decent loops too.

Apart from that i'ld say Reason is amazing with what you can do with it...
Gajin Foot - can you rephrase that? I didn't quite understand. Also all I have of FL is the demo version so that may be it.

Also, I have Reason. Its just that I don't understand exactly how to use it. Its got so much going on it overwhelms me. Also, since I dont have a midi keyboard it makes it hard to write.

Does anyone know of a way to use a standard QWERTY Keyboard in substitute for a midi one? I know it is possible in other programs but i cant figure out how to do it in Reason. If that could be solved then I would be good to go. That would deffiniatly provide me with a good reason to use Reason. Ha.
As it is however, it takes way way way to long to enter things into Reason one note at a time without a keyboard. Long time = bye bye creativity and willingness to work on the project.

Thanks again. I really appreciate the way you guys are helping me out.

Ryan