Hello , i have a Cube 30X and normally play metal music ( Megadeth, Metallica , Slayer , Iron Maiden, Disturbed ...... the GOOD STUFF ) .... can somebody help me with amp settings to play this kind of music ?? .......... do you recomend a Metal Distortion box ? (wich one ? ) ....... a 6,7 or 10 band EQ pedal ??? ..... i have 2 guitars , one with 81/85 combo and one with 2 humb. passives.
you are going to be told to go to the amp settings thread but basically I put gain at about 12 o clock, bass on 5 o clock, mid on 12 treble on 3 with the R-fier model. more than enough for megadeth
Use the R-fier setting and have the gain at about 6 and the treble at 7 or 8 and the bass at 5 maybe mids scooped for Metallica and mids boosted for Maiden and Slayer. I'm not sure about Megadeth or Disturbed but you can probably find that out.
acdcrocks0323 .. those numbers are 1 = low , 10 = high ?? ..... or like " clock " settings ?
Thanks ..... do you recomend any pedal with the Cube 30X ? ...... EQ pedal ? ... Metal Muff ? ... Boss Metal Zone ... Digitech Metal Master ?
You don't need a pedal for your Cube.Actually,you shouldn't.It'll sound ****ty through modelling amps.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Some people had try the combination of the Cube 30X and a Metal Pedal ..... i have 2 pedals that i like :

Metal Muff and the Metal Master

Wich one is the Best to play 80's Metal and todays Metal core ???????????
you don't need a pedal. the cube has a metric ton of gain, and has more than enough gain or the music you're playing. also, i've heard that it might not take pedals too well (but i haven't personally tried it with pedals).

for 80s metal, i'd use the metal stack setting (set all the eq controls to 12 o'clock and work from there to fine tune the tone), and for more modern metal like disturbed/metalcore, use the r-fier setting (and do a similar thing with the eq).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Conanvt
Hello , i have a Cube 30X and normally play metal music ( Megadeth, Metallica , Slayer , Iron Maiden, Disturbed ...... the GOOD STUFF ) .... can somebody help me with amp settings to play this kind of music ?? .......... do you recomend a Metal Distortion box ? (wich one ? ) ....... a 6,7 or 10 band EQ pedal ??? ..... i have 2 guitars , one with 81/85 combo and one with 2 humb. passives.

Disturbed=Fail
i like disturbed. gtfo n00b.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I don't like Disturbed, but blind bashing and not helping the TS=fail.

GTFO 667

My bad. You're right. Sorry TS.
My comment was a reaction to seeing Disturbed lumped in with Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica and Slayer.

Yea, Metal Muff is a good bet for those tones. It's EQ works really well.
For Disturbed, randomly detune each string and slice holes in your speaker drivers.

KIDDING!!! RELAX!

i suck, but here's Slayer's "Die By The Sword" running through a Metal Muff into my fairly clean amp...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8LtOFpD0_54

Last edited by 667 at Jul 25, 2008,
Quote by 667
For Disturbed, randomly detune each string and slice holes in your speaker drivers.

i thought that's how kerry king came up with his solos...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i thought that's how kerry king came up with his solos...

Kerry Kings speakers have holes because he threw Chuck Norris throught them.
His solos scream becaues he's playing them with Chuck Norris's face.
Last edited by 667 at Jul 26, 2008,
Quote by Conanvt

i lol'ed at that. that was a big bucket of fail my friend.

you don't need anything. use the rectifier setting and learn how to EQ and you'll be fine.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by 667
Kerry Kings speakers have holes because he threw Chuck Norris throught them.
His solos scream becaues he's playing them with Chuck Norris's face.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'll add to this. just got a cube 30x and i find the best thing to do for metal is to use an od pedal in front of it. just a tiny amount of od from the pedal with the amps gain at about 3 o clock. the cubes all suffer from lack of punch in my opinion but with an od they are great.

p.s i set my bass around 4-5 o clock with mids and trebs at 12ish. tiny delay is good too
Last edited by Sepulturick at Jul 30, 2008,