Idk how many of you are familar with vinyl body wraps, but for those of you that are, would it be possible to body wrap a guitar?

My grand-dad owns a custom vinyl sign shop and one of the his services is that he can do custom body wraps.

So do you think having my guitar wraped in vinyl would hurt it? Maybe affect the tonal quality of it?

Its an Alexi-200 btw
I dont entirely follow but I very much doubt it will effect tone it you are just putting a vinyl on your guitar.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
It will basically be a huge lacquer layer, so I'd imagine it will affect the tone. For better or for worse, that's another thing.

I do imagine though that playing when you are sweaty won't be so nice...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by -MintSauce-
You want your guitar to look like this:

Or have I missed something?

That was funny! I'm still actually laughing... :p

On a serious note, I doubt it would effect the tone significantly.
Quote by 3rdActguitarist
Idk how many of you are familar with vinyl body wraps, but for those of you that are, would it be possible to body wrap a guitar?

My grand-dad owns a custom vinyl sign shop and one of the his services is that he can do custom body wraps.

So do you think having my guitar wraped in vinyl would hurt it? Maybe affect the tonal quality of it?

Its an Alexi-200 btw

In my profile pics is a 1963 Hofner 182 that has a vinyl covering. It sounds very nice acoustically, but it's guts are giving me crap so I dunno how it sounds plugged in.

More pics/restoration thread here:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=878687

There are more detailed pics in that thread than you will ever find of that guitar...
Last edited by Invader Jim at Jul 23, 2008,
I covered my Ibanez GAX series in Duct Tape and it made it more bassy. Id assume it would have the same affect with what is basicaly a big sticker. I think you would be alright though, the tone change is only minor.

Also I would only do a partial wrap, like a piece on the front and back but just paint on the sides. Would be easier to put on. And maybe a headstock Vinyl.