Well, you can go try it out if the person doesn't live too far away, but most sell pretty cheap when they're used.
If that is what you're looking for, then jump on it. That's a good price.
Quote by Quantonyne
i just about shat myself when i saw it for $400.

i just hope its not a fake or the guy backs out.

You can tell if its fake by the size and the jack in the back... Also you would pull off the back and check the speakers to make sure they are celestions and not some cheapos. That one does happen alot...
Quote by IbanezPsycho
You can tell if its fake by the size and the jack in the back... Also you would pull off the back and check the speakers to make sure they are celestions and not some cheapos. That one does happen alot...

i will have to check for that. i wouldnt think that someone whould go through the trouble of changing the speakers just to rip someone off...if their knowledgable enough they will instantly be able to tell the difference.
Quote by Quantonyne
i will have to check for that. i wouldnt think that someone whould go through the trouble of changing the speakers just to rip someone off...if their knowledgable enough they will instantly be able to tell the difference.

Most have never played on a 1960a cab and when you test it out your usually not using your own equipment so you would be suprised how many people get ripped off and dont even know it.
If it sounds good, I'd get it. I got mine for 350, and I recently saw one for 300, but $400-450 is the norm for those cabs.

* note - I inquired about the 1960 cab for $300.. (too cheap to pass up) and the guy said... and I quote, " You'd better bid fast.. I've already got numerous offers... but what would you expect with a cab as rare as this.. It's not one of those cheap cabs that you buy today for $900

Me thinking.. .hmmmm sir.. it is neither rare nor is it one of those cheap cabs for $900... you can buy them new for 800.
my band
www.myspace.com/semeron

American Fender Mahogany HSS Strat
1987 Ibanez Saber Pro 540 s - FOR SALE
Epi SG

Peavey XXX 120 W head
Marshall 1960A
Boss DD-3
Boss EQ-7
Boss TU-2
Crybaby
Quote by slpbaseb12
If it sounds good, I'd get it. I got mine for 350, and I recently saw one for 300, but $400-450 is the norm for those cabs.

* note - I inquired about the 1960 cab for $300.. (too cheap to pass up) and the guy said... and I quote, " You'd better bid fast.. I've already got numerous offers... but what would you expect with a cab as rare as this.. It's not one of those cheap cabs that you buy today for $900

Me thinking.. .hmmmm sir.. it is neither rare nor is it one of those cheap cabs for $900... you can buy them new for 800.

Lol you sure he wasnt talking about an orginal vintage cab.. Would suck to be you at that point.... My buddy has one that is worth $5000 now and it even has Jim Marshall's signature in it...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 23, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Lol you sure he wasnt talking about an orginal vintage cab.. Would suck to be you at that point.... My buddy has one that is worth $5000 now and it even has Jim Marshall's signature in it...

No, it was a 1960A.

This guy signed it?
my band
www.myspace.com/semeron

Epi SG

Peavey XXX 120 W head
Marshall 1960A
Boss DD-3
Boss EQ-7
Boss TU-2
Crybaby
Quote by IbanezPsycho
You dont know much about amps do you lol

apparently the sarcasm was lost on you...
my band
www.myspace.com/semeron

Epi SG

Peavey XXX 120 W head
Marshall 1960A
Boss DD-3
Boss EQ-7
Boss TU-2
Crybaby
Quote by slpbaseb12
apparently the sarcasm was lost on you...

Hey sometimes you just dont know with people that post here lol.. And unfortuanlty im not Miss Cleo.... So i just go with what is typed...
Quote by Horlicks
I'd rather get an avatar

You're crazy.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'd REALLY suggest you try it with your head first. G12T-75s don't sound very good with most amps (imo).

I didn't like mine with my 5150 at all.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'd REALLY suggest you try it with your head first. G12T-75s don't sound very good with most amps (imo).

I didn't like mine with my 5150 at all.

+1

But at $400 bucks get it try it and see what happens. If it works great keep it, if not you can always sell it for more or just sell the speakers in it and buy you the perfect set that works best with your rig and you will have the perfect cab.

Ill end up keeping my 1960 till the end of time and as things change so will the speakers...
Quote by Horlicks
I'd rather get an avatar

Out of interest have you managed to use one? I thought they were US only. But the 1960 is a bit picky when it comes to sounding gd with amps, sounds fine with my head thanfuly, although would like to put a couple of V-30's in the top 2. Some day :P
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Most have never played on a 1960a cab and when you test it out your usually not using your own equipment so you would be suprised how many people get ripped off and dont even know it.

yeah i just got my cab and had to spend 30 minutes opening the 20 screws to check if it has the v30s or some shoddy ones..

Totally worth 30 minutes.

When u go and try it out bring a portable drill, saves time when opening up the back