I'm playing for quite a while now but I've never touched the theory part of playing. I've learnt what I need at a given time and thats it.
Lately I got into learning theory but while searching the net I can only find information piled in no order.
I'd like to learn from a book which covers at least the basics of scales and such, starting as low as the major scale.
Is there any book like that on the net?
go for the guitar grimoire books, they're great. They've got one for just about every aspect of guitar... oh except music reading. They're still really helpful though.
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
I've found on the int...store the first chapter. I'll dig into it and see whats its all about. Thanks

(Now I just need to find where to pri...put it)
Guitar Grimoire books are shi*. They are redundant, useless, lists of information they don't explain.

Check out The Idiots Guide To Music Theory.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Well I got a lot out of them :P
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Music Theory for Guitarists: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know But Were Afraid To Ask by Tom Kolb.
Quote by JubeiTHPS
Music Theory for Guitarists: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know But Were Afraid To Ask by Tom Kolb.

Good book. I own it myself.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all
Guitar Grimoire books are shi*. They are redundant, useless, lists of information they don't explain.

YES
the idiots guide to music theory (and the idiots guide to soloing) basically taught me EVERYTHING i know about music theory.
and it taught me to LOVE music theory (most people think its boring).
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Music Theory for Dummies- covers everything from basic to advanced stuff
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
If you're into metal, Troy Stetina has some nice books to improve your playing while learning theory.
A samurai once asked Zen Master Hakuin where he would go after he died. Hakuin answered 'How am I supposed to know?'
'How do you not know? You're a Zen master!' exclaimed the samurai.
'Yes, but not a dead one,' Hakuin answered.
reading sheet music and understanding rhythm better --> sight reading for guitar by david oakes.

cheap and good.
Quote by metal4all

+1 and once your through that book, give mark levines jazz book a read.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.