Hey, I just got this bass a few months ago to learn. It's going alright, I could be alot worse, and I like bass so its going good.

But the question that I want to know is if i overpayed for this bass and exactly what kind of bass it is. I payed 100 US Dollars for it. and I've never heard of this brand so I dont know how good it is. I'm expecting to keep this bass for a while so I'm hoping its good.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/DeeJay1492/P5300082.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/DeeJay1492/P5300089.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/DeeJay1492/P5300091.jpg

the writing on it looks like it says "Honoo".?

oh and also, i bought that amp for 60, good deal?

thanks,
He probably charged $100 for the amp, and threw the bass in for free hahaha

That looks like a pretty good bass/amp combo, though. I don't really think you overpaid.

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't see the part where you bought the amp seperately. Still good though, less than what I'm gonna have to pay haha.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by riotvan23
the writing on it looks like it says "Honoo".?

Do you mean Hondo? If it's Hondo then you got a good deal.
ya, Hondo makes sense, the D looks exactly like the O. well now that i look at it, the top of the D is slightly longer than the top of the O. both are shaped like squares.

I bought both of those seperately from two different friends. I trust both of them, but the one who sold me the bass was kinda strapped for cash so i was just wondering.

how long do you think this setup will last me untill i'll have to get somthing really good? right now im pretty happy with it. i need new bass strings and the amp is good but i think somtimes it sounds kinda ugly, even when i change the nobs and whatever. I heard ashdown amps are really really good.
Quote by ThatGuy177
Yes, Ashdown amps are really really good.

But not to everyone's taste. Personally, I would not ever buy an Ashdown, though I would recommend them to other people. They just aren't to my taste.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I can't say if it was worth it, but I can tell you that it looks ****ing cool. It reminds me of mine because I have a P-Bass knockoff with a thumbrest. I love that paint job though.
Quote by gm jack
But not to everyone's taste. Personally, I would not ever buy an Ashdown, though I would recommend them to other people. They just aren't to my taste.

i get what you mean. I've listened to some samples of people using ashdown and i like the sound. and I know adam clayton, Guy Berryman, and some other bassists from some popular bands use ashdown so those are some nice little endorsements

Quote by Hergiswi
I can't say if it was worth it, but I can tell you that it looks ****ing cool. It reminds me of mine because I have a P-Bass knockoff with a thumbrest. I love that paint job though.

at first i wasnt digging the color or the way it looked, but recently i've been like "i kinda like this" and i've always liked the thumbrest, not gonna lie, kinda my favorite thing on the bass
Hondo P bass clones usually sell for about 125 - 150 USD, so you're near used market value on the bass. The amp, however was a good deal.
wait so how much of a good deal am i getting on this amp? i kinda knew i was getting a good deal on it. its a 30 watt. From what i read on these forums, bassist need like a 100 watt to be heard over everything. but im kinda in a semi-band and it plays over everything fine. So how much is that amp priced at?
more like 150-200.

but Ibanez makes pretty good amps.

you must have a sissy drummer if you can hear it perfectly.

I'm borrowing a 30 watter and you know how many people hear it?

none. I could start slapping under Johnny B. Goode and nobody will know.

and my tone is punchy out the wazoo. it cuts through the mix. :/
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
You got a steal on that amp, seriously. I paid about £60 ($120ish?)for a new 20W no-name amp!

as for the bass, i've never played or heard of hondo!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
i spot a copy of psychology for dummies, Black Boy, and a very old copy of leaves of grass on the amp. the amp you made a save, those books, priceless
the bass was a good deal, not a steal, not a scam, just a good deal
tha amp however was a steal, a well done pro steal
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
You could probably look up how much that amp is worth new on MusiciansFriend etc., and/or spot it used on eBay or any number of used music equipment shops. It's helpful knowing how to research this stuff.

And for future reference, a picture of the headstock would have helped us identify the brand faster.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by IndieMetalhead

as for the bass, i've never played or heard of hondo!

i see you have indie in your username- do you like joy division? hooky mainly used a hondo bass, a rick clone

sounds like the TS got a good deal to me, good work
Back To Beginner After Years of No Strumming Also Bass Learner

U-G nooB

Sunn Mustang owners- Go Here! Sunn Mustang Owners Group!
Quote by Dan_Q
i see you have indie in your username- do you like joy division? hooky mainly used a hondo bass, a rick clone

sounds like the TS got a good deal to me, good work

I chose the name a good few years ago as a secondary

<_<

>_>

but my idea of indie isn't really joy division. hell, i'll listen to them, but they're not top of the list!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
joy division is one of those bands I can never find cd's from. makes me mad.

can't ever get Wheels of Fire by Cream either.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

really? at one time you couldn't walk through a CD store over here without tripping over a big pile of unknown pleasures

I assume websites have piles of MP3's of it hanging around cyberspace these days (god i feel old)

anyway, hondo basses, sorry for dragging this off topic

U-G nooB

Quote by Dan_Q
really? at one time you couldn't walk through a CD store over here without tripping over a big pile of unknown pleasures

I assume websites have piles of MP3's of it hanging around cyberspace these days (god i feel old)

anyway, hondo basses, sorry for dragging this off topic

not in Riverside, CA all punk, metal, and hip hop. and definitely not in the middle of nowhere, New Mexico. I love this place, but there isn't a thing out here.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Shame. Mail order only then I guess!

I suppose it helps that the music stores i used to visit were just down the road from where bands like that were recorded.

U-G nooB