Killer Texas technical black metal, like third album Immortal colliding with Morbid Angel's "Altars of Madness."

Averse Sefira website

Trees don't pay taxes: An AVERSE SEFIRA interview

Averse Sefira on church burning, what it is to be a Hessian, why humans ignore the destruction of nature and why black metal is still relevant. Video interview with "A Year at the Wheel".

AVERSE SEFIRA interview

Read more about their music and hear mp3 samples:

Averse Sefira review
Pretty cool stuff. It's good to see some black metal from Texas too.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
I remember back when they played here with Wattain and Cephalic Carnage. And the Averse Sefira guy's went on about how they hate CC and all "life metal" . They have a great drummer though even if their music does get extremely repetitive, i love them in small doses.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by BringMeTheCalm
It's good to see some black metal from Texas too.

Some influential metal bands from Texas:

Imprecation
Necrovore
Rigor Mortis
dead horse

Recent black metal, there's a ton. The one that caught my ear was Bahimiron.

AVERSE SEFIRA - ADVENT PARALLAX
Double-LP Vinyl Release on The Ajna Offensive

Advent Parallax combines grotesquely dissonant guitars, complex syncopation, and full throttle tempos to yield a black metal album of pure potency. With artwork provided by Jos A. Smith (of first Bathory album fame) and sane although obviously controversial public statements, Averse Sefira slam the full black metal experience into the base of your skull.

Averse Sefira - Advent Parallax @ The Ajna Offensive

Averse Sefira review @ The Dark Legions Archive

I'm going to pick one of these up later today.

It's worth it for the artwork, even if I don't have a vinyl player.
They've got some gooood music.

Plus they're from my city.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
I've seen them live, but I actually don't like the band very much. I shall give them a listen later today and see if that's changed.
Cool, another Sefira fan.

Tetragrammatical Astygmata is one of the best modern black metal albums.
Philosophy > Life
Quote by MoogleRancha
Ya learn something new every day on the internet.

I would like to stop learning things like Goatse, 1man1jar, etc.

Averse Sefira is heading out on tour with Absu and Glorior Belli in just a few months.
Quote by Conservationist
I would like to stop learning things like Goatse

Ironic. I thought anusites enjoyed pictures of anuses.
One of the better bands from around there; not doing much new things music-wise, but the sound is absolutely fanatical

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Lappo
I thought anusites enjoyed pictures of anuses.

Not really. Actually, I don't know what "anusites" are. They sound like rock deposits formed on hemorrhoids. ANUS is a community where individuals talk about related ideas, but we are not clones.
I've heard Tetragrammatical Astygmata. Nice stuff.

What would be a good album to get next?
I've found Jesus

This August, Averse Sefira will make their first ever appearances in Central America:

Friday, August 14 - La Bode - Ruta 2 3-47 4 Grados Norte Zona 4, Ciudad Guatemala, Guatemala

Saturday, August 15 - Museo de Antropologia e Historia - 3 Av. y 4 calle San Pedro Sula, Honduras

Sunday, August 16 - Bar Buhoos - San Salvador, El Salvador

http://www.aversesefira.com/

Awesome that a Texas black metal band tours Central America.
I have met them a couple times (they are from my old home town of Austin, Texas) and they are pretty cool guys, however they're music is alright, as wh0racLe said, their music often sounds dull IMO. They're not bad by any stretch of the mind, its just that there are already a whole bunch of Black metal artists who do it better.
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
What does everyone think of Advent Parallax? I'm debating between buying it or Christicide's s/t...
Checking out Battle's Clarion right now, it's pretty sweet so far.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
While they have good features to them and if i'm in the right mood i dig them quite a bit, i could never really properly get into them though. Their drummer was pretty savage when i saw them a few years back.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.