If I were to put my lyrics on this site would they be protected from people stealing them? Like a copyright sort of deal.
Thanks for your consideration,
Rodney Of Anom.
no, they're not copyrighted just because you put them on this site.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by Anom
If I were to put my lyrics on this site would they be protected from people stealing them? Like a copyright sort of deal.
Thanks for your consideration,
Rodney Of Anom.
somewhat like that, yes.

copyright laws are sketchy, at best.
posting your lyrics on UG does give you some proof of ownership, unless posted in an area where there is no time-stamp, such as the "about" section of your profile page, or in a profile group forum where they can be edited later, without a showing when it was edited.

also if you ever edit a piece where there are time-stamps involved, the later revision becomes the date of proof, not the original posting date.

in copyright disputes, the burden of proof is on the person making the claim that their rights have been violated. that means you would have to do all the work.
if someone steals your lyrics but makes no profit, you won't gain anything from filing a claim against them. on the other hand, if it becomes a commercial success, you would stand to profit.

there are two important things to consider:

1 - a single phrase within your work does not have protection. only the work as an entity. if they lift the entire piece an use it, that's clearly a violation. if they make substantial edits, less so.

2 - multiple ways of proving when you originally wrote the piece can be useful.
for instance, you could also e-mail the lyrics to yourself and move the received message, unopened, to a folder on your mail host. the time and date of the message will be stamped on the message and you can't edit it unless opened.
send a few duplicates to yourself. once opened, the evidence is tainted.

3 - none of this is better than registering your work with a publishing company, but that costs. however, the cost of registration is small compared to legal woes later.

good luck.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
HOWEVER! i dunno if its against the TOS, but i would recommend poetry.com. once you post there your lyrics are basically copywritten. when you sign up read all the fine print and it talks in there about it being copywritten via the date of the post.