I have a peavey valveking 112 amp.

I want to connect the speaker (electrovoice) from my friend's peavey triumph to the amp on the valveking.

The valveking amp is 16 ohms with a 16 ohm speaker. The triumph speaker can be plugged into the 4 ohm or 8 ohm socket on the triumph amp, and is currently in the 8 ohm one. I am not sure about the speaker's impedence itself but im guessing its 8 ohms as thats where its plugged in at the moment. My friend THINKS its 8 ohms too.

Can I connect the 16 ohm valveking amplifier to this "8 ohm" speaker to see if i can hear much difference between the crap stock valveking one and this one (I love the sound of his amp)? Or will I fry something?
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass
No you cannot, but you should be able to select the impedance of the load? Most amplifiers have that option. Just set it for 8 ohms before plugging into an 8 ohm speaker, otherwise you will blow out your output transformer
Great thanks! No the valveking 112 has no such option. Never mind! I'll have to take you guys word for it that fitting a new speaker in this will greatly improve the tone!
"Sit your ass down in that f@%$ing chair and drink your GODAMN TEA!!" - Cid, FFVII

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (trans amber, 60s neck)
USA Fender Strat
Westfield acoustic
Washburn 12-string acoustic
Encore bass
Aria acoustic bass