Ok I love RG's and I want to buy like a RG with a neck thru and a hardtail but I found a B-sock rg neck thru but with a tremolo for like $479 and its usually like $800. I was wondering if I like put some extra springs and or a tremol-no in it and took off the bar would it work the same as a hardtail? I play rythym and have no desire nor do I know how to use a tremolo.
Don't double post... use the edit button.

But anyways, if you can install a tremol-no it'll work as a hardtail. Adding extra springs will not be the right solution. Now if you don't want to use the trem, just unscrew the whammy bar. That's all there is to it. On the other hand, if you're looking for the tuning stability or extra sustain involved with hardtail bridges, you might want to look at some RGs that do not have trems.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Yeah, throw as many springs in as will fit and block it with a bit of wood. Quite a few people do that.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
or heres an idea... just learn how to set up the tremolo. in my opinion a PROPERLY SETUP double locking tremolo will stay in tune better than a standard guitar. it wont get knocked out of tune just by bumping the tuning pegs. just a thought...