There's harder songs IMO. Although, yes, to get it clean and up to speed is a challenge.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Its hard to get most solos note for note. But if you get the main licks and improvise around them, which is what a lot of people do, its a little easier, and it sounds more original.
It has its difficulties. I myself cannot play it. But it's just speed is all it is. There's nothing really musical about it at all, just blind speed kind of. There is much more difficult things out there, and Eruption really isn't that special. Coming from a HUGE Van Halen fan. But to answer your question, still difficult as hell. I'd rather hear EVH do some live solos, such as 316 from the "Right Here, Right Now" live set.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
yes.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeh...it's pretty hard. I tried to learn it...I've got most of it down, but it's still pretty ruff. The songs nothing special though, extremely overrated.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by Flying Couch
Eh. The tapping is cake. Some of the rest of it can be challenging.

precisely
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
The first 30 seconds or so have some technically ackward parts, but the speed picking and the tapping are extremely easy.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Just learn the basic parts, and work some things out that sound like the original. It'll be more induvidual, and you can make it cooler than it already is (maybe).

Although, this is coming from a bloke that hates learning solos.

Improvising FTW!!!!!1111!!1!
Cam Sampbell's my hero