I dont know much about those amps and does guitar center carry them anymore?
No, my guitar center doesn't.

Too bad, I absolutely LOVE mesa boogies. Last year I played in front of my whole high school with a mesa boogie .22 so I got the opportunity to really crank it high.. I was NOT disappointed with it's performance

If you get a chance to try one, go for it. They're amazing.

My guitar center seems to have a huge emphasis on solid state.. yuck. Everywhere I go it's emphasis on Marshall MG's or Line 6 amps. Ugh.

They have more SS than they do tubes.

Ibanezpsycho where do you live that GC carries mesaboogie?
Go to the mesa boogie website and check the dealer locations. I checked for my area and the only Guitar center's here (there are only 3 in the state of Georgia...sadly they are all a 2+ hour drive ) sells them.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I guarantee that no guy in here would say no if they were offered the chance to have sex with her. This being The Pit... horny virgins galore :]
Mesa amps aren't allowed to be sold new online in the US, which is why you don't see them on GC's website.

Two of the Guitar Centers near me carry Mesa amps.

Quote by IbanezPsycho
There great amps, but pretty loose and very loud... And yes GC carrys them...

Now you're just generalizing. The only Mesa amp I've ever heard that was loose is the new Rectos. Every other Mesa amp is pretty tight sounding and I really hate when people say that based off of one amp, and yes of course they're going to be loud, all tube amps in the 30-150W range are really loud...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I've actually tested out a few of them....
Mesa Triple Rec
Mesa Dual Rec
Mesa Single Rec
Mesa Stiletto Duece
Mesa 5:50 Express
Mesa Studio .22

Of coarse the rectos were loose as all hell, the Stiletto was even looser... The Express wasnt bad and the .22 i couldnt get much gain out of it to tell. So it is pretty generalized since i havent got my hands on any Mark Series. But by the sound of it they are really tight from the clips i have heard.

And the reason for the loud comment is most Mesa's like a bit of power tube saturation to get a decent sound out of them so you do have to crank them a bit.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Mesa Triple Rec
Mesa Dual Rec
Mesa Single Rec
Mesa Stiletto Duece
Mesa Studio .22

Of coarse the rectos were loose as all hell, the Stiletto was even looser... The Express wasnt bad and the .22 i couldnt get much gain out of it to tell. So it is pretty generalized since i havent got my hands on any Mark Series. But by the sound of it they are really tight from the clips i have heard.

And the reason for the loud comment is most Mesa's like a bit of power tube saturation to get a decent sound out of them so you do have to crank them a bit.

Interesting, I actually thought the Stiletto was pretty tight with the right settings. Did you have it on tube rectification?

Same with the Studio .22, but then I was playing the + version, so maybe that made a difference? Dunno lol.

I think the Express series are horrible so I'm not even going to start on those

The only Mesas I've played that don't sound decent a low levels are the Rectos, everything else I've played sound pretty damn good considering
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Interesting, I actually thought the Stiletto was pretty tight with the right settings. Did you have it on tube rectification?

Same with the Studio .22, but then I was playing the + version, so maybe that made a difference? Dunno lol.

I think the Express series are horrible so I'm not even going to start on those

The only Mesas I've played that don't sound decent a low levels are the Rectos, everything else I've played sound pretty damn good considering

On the stiletto i even had there mesa guy come over and set it up for me. He took about 15 minutes tweaking it and said this is the heaviest and best tone you will achieve with one. Still loose... But dont get me wrong the tone was amazing and if i wanted a creamy sounding amp with amazing tone behind it I would pick one up. But just a bit to loose for my metal needs.

The Studio was more clean/rockish sounding couldnt get much gain out of it for some reason... And that was with everything cranked.

The Express is a decent practice amp but pretty high dollar for a practice amp

Love the rectos on albums and in clubs but they just dont suite my needs as a bedroom player
Quote by sgrocks
I dont know much about those amps

So why the interest?

The GC by me carries them, but not all of them do. Best bet would be to look on their website for a dealer near you.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The Express amps are great portable classic rock & clean amps, but fall short of modern metal. They will do older school metal (Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Sabbath), but don't have the gain or voicing for downtuned modern metal & thrash. They get flack from people who were disappointed when Mesa discontinued the F-series (which offered relatively low-cost metal amps), replaced them with the Express series, and then had the gall to suggest that Express amps could enter "recto territory" in tone (they don't).

If you want Mesa-flavoured metal without a pedal, try a different one -- DR, Stilletto or a used F-series amp are good choices. If you are a tweaker, check out a Mark IV.
If you get a Mark IV the sky is the limit as far as tones it can get... so long as you have patience. I actually don't find it hard to get good sounds with it though. *skill*

But I gotta bash the reverb on the Mark. It is...well...lacking. At least for me.

If by chance you'd like to go in the opposite direction (non metal) that most people here seem to favor, then a Lonestar would be worth a listen.

Can't speak highly enough about the Mark IV though. It is so versatile. If you don't like the 'american voicing' you can swap half the tubes for el34 and have it your british way. Oh yeah and you can play Hendrix on it. Nothing beats going from _______(insert br00talz band here) to Hendrix. Except maybe a money tree.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Mesa Triple Rec
Mesa Dual Rec
Mesa Single Rec
Mesa Stiletto Duece
Mesa Studio .22

with the studio .22, i'm sure you coax quite a bit more gain out of it by adjusting the treble knob. on mesa amps similar to design, the treble knob makes the biggest impact on the higher gain tones.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008