Howdy!

I recently went to my local music store looking for an amp upgrade. I spent a few hours there trying out their equipment, and I picked the one that sounded best in my taste. I traded a few things in and still payed some moolah. I wanted to see what you guys thought. I play alternative/grunge rock with some buds, and It felt sooo good to hear the guys tell me to "Turn DOWN" instead of "You cant turn it up anymore?"

I bought the Working Pro Half Stack:

Head:
WorkingPro™ 400
http://www.swrsound.com/products//search.php?partno=4450200010

Cab:

WorkingPro™ 1X15
http://www.swrsound.com/products//search.php?partno=4456600010

This is the bass I play with:
Dean Z Metalman 4-String Bass
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Z-Metalman-4-String-Bass-103645077-i1166444.gc

I know my bass is a bit on the low end, but with this amp it sounds really good to me. I've never really heard many people on here talk about SWR products, and I was hoping to hear the input from you guys!

Thanks.
You're 65th Random Hero
Congrats! How much did it all set you back?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I don't play bass, but my friend did and had just a small little combo amp thingy, and it was awesome, deff. a good buy.
Well, I traded in an Oscar Schimdt OE-40, An Older Bass, and My Ampeg 210 Combo (which was the cause of this new acquisition) and about 400$ dollars. I'll be happy when my next pay check will be in so I can pay for gas! I'm pretty sure I'll be looking to get the 2x10's to make it a full stack sometime soon.
looks good. how much?? btw i like the bass.
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
Nice, a little let down by the bass, but if its the one for you, then great buy.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Quote by JobyByTheNight
Nice, a little let down by the bass, but if its the one for you, then great buy.

I can understand that, but once I save up some money I'm definitely going to be upgrading. It seemed comfortable and sounded good to me. I have been playing bass for 6 months so I am sort of new to it, but I am sure over time I'll grow an ear for the right bass.
Quote by randomhero65

and I picked the one that sounded best in my taste.

Doesn't that right there make it a good purchase?
Quote by rjdusa
Doesn't that right there make it a good purchase?

Yeah. I just haven't heard much about SWR, and I wanted to hear the common knowledge on SWR. I know a ton of people here talk about Ashdown. Just was wondering, but I do enjoy the input from you guys!
Quote by randomhero65
I can understand that, but once I save up some money I'm definitely going to be upgrading. It seemed comfortable and sounded good to me. I have been playing bass for 6 months so I am sort of new to it, but I am sure over time I'll grow an ear for the right bass.

Only upgrade if you feel you need one. I won't be upgrading for a while now. I have found my perfect setup. You may have found yours. Its actually hard to tell if you've only been playing for a 1/2 a year. I personally didn't know anything at all about basses when I was at your stage. All I knew is that the one I played was fun, and it got me better.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Quote by JobyByTheNight
Only upgrade if you feel you need one. I won't be upgrading for a while now. I have found my perfect setup. You may have found yours. Its actually hard to tell if you've only been playing for a 1/2 a year. I personally didn't know anything at all about basses when I was at your stage. All I knew is that the one I played was fun, and it got me better.

Thanks! I've enjoyed the ride so far. I just need to work more on my ability, but who doesn't want to do that. When the news of the Chili Peppers wanted to take a break, it was said that Flea wanted to increase is ability. That's insane to me!
Quote by randomhero65
Thanks! I've enjoyed the ride so far. I just need to work more on my ability, but who doesn't want to do that. When the news of the Chili Peppers wanted to take a break, it was said that Flea wanted to increase is ability. That's insane to me!

you always want to be better. Thats why you pick up your instrument. That and love for the music. You play in a grunge band too? Grunge bassist that slaps. That sounds pretty awesome. Even though, slaping on a Metal master sounds rather difficult. good luck to you.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Quote by JobyByTheNight
you always want to be better. Thats why you pick up your instrument. That and love for the music. You play in a grunge band too? Grunge bassist that slaps. That sounds pretty awesome. Even though, slaping on a Metal master sounds rather difficult. good luck to you.

No...well I can slap, but I prefer to just accent the bass drum with a tasty flip of the fingers or pick depending on my mood!
SWR is a great amp.

but how can you stand that Dean feel? it's like a baseball bat with horns.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
SWR is a great amp.

but how can you stand that Dean feel? it's like a baseball bat with horns.

HAHA! I dunno to each his own. I really loved the explorer look since I was into music. It's pretty big, but since I am a bigger guy it fits me well!
You've got that after 6 months?!

Moving up fast

But yea, never heard anything bad about SWR. And, like most people, i'm not too fond of the dean, but I guess we can let it slide for now
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by randomhero65
HAHA! I dunno to each his own. I really loved the explorer look since I was into music. It's pretty big, but since I am a bigger guy it fits me well!

I guess. but I still dislike that feel.

thin necks forever!
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by IndieMetalhead
You've got that after 6 months?!

Moving up fast

But yea, never heard anything bad about SWR. And, like most people, i'm not too fond of the dean, but I guess we can let it slide for now

Well I kinda have to because the Ampeg Combo 210SP was too soft for the band Im in, and we want to gig soon. I just wanted a good product that will last me a while. From what I am hearing this rig should! I haven't played many basses so I'm not the connoisseur of Axes like you guys. Maybe one day I'll see the light!
yeah. Deans do last pretty well. they don't do much else, but they look good and don't do too much breaking.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard