Hey guys, I need a small tube amp to use at home. 15w is enough. Don't really have a budget so just shoot.. But I live in Europe so some amps are out of the question. I'm very allround, play anything from hi-gain metal to clean so I need an amp that can do that. Preferably a combo but that's not a must.

What do you guys suggest I should look into?
Tiny Terror seems like your best bet. A Krank Rev Jr might be worth a shot too
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
orange tint terror sounds good to me.
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
For metal, the Tiny Terror is too loose on it's own. You'll need to boost it.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Orange Tiny Terror - Tried it and liked it, only 2 things that sucked with it. Like Green_Jelly said, needs a boost and also 1 channel.

Looking at Krank Rev Jr, seems promising. Anyone that tried it?
I've always found Krank amps to be too trebly, but it's whatever suits your style. I've always wanted a Tiny Terror.

Since you live in Europe you should be able to get good deals on Orange amps. I believe they make a stack and a combo.
Yea I think I'll go for a Tiny Terror. Going downtown to play one again and maybe bring one home with me

Thanks guys
The Laney valve amps I've played are pretty versatile and they're made in the UK so it shouldn't be a problem getting them on mainland Europe. Definitely worth checking out if you see one in a shop.
I say Tiny Terror as it can manage metal.

But, it depends where in Europe. The Laney LC might be worth a look, but they are double the UK price in mainland Europe. Don't get the VC for hi-gain metal. It does everything but Hi-gain metal really nice, though.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I might be wrong, but aren't the Laney LCs open back and VCs closed back? In which case I'd say the VC would be better for metal and all-round stuff - on the Laney website they say the VC does a classed British sound, so it'd be right up your street for metal. If it needs a bit more umph in the overdrive department then you can always use a pedal.

I had an open back once and tried to do metal and it just sounded like a bee in a can.
Quote by SlappyTheFish
I might be wrong, but aren't the Laney LCs open back and VCs closed back? In which case I'd say the VC would be better for metal and all-round stuff - on the Laney website they say the VC does a classed British sound, so it'd be right up your street for metal. If it needs a bit more umph in the overdrive department then you can always use a pedal.

I had an open back once and tried to do metal and it just sounded like a bee in a can.

Closed back as in cab is closed, right?
The VC has an open back - there is a grill there, but its open. The VC is more vintage voiced too - more suitable for indie, classic rock and rock. Not for hi-gain metal.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
Closed back as in cab is closed, right?
The VC has an open back - there is a grill there, but its open. The VC is more vintage voiced too - more suitable for indie, classic rock and rock. Not for hi-gain metal.

I've been looking at a VC30. What if I just use the clean channel and slap some distortion on there?

All my pedals are digital.. and I want a tube amp for full tone. Would adding digital pedals kill my tube sound? I might make a full topic about this later.
I'm a bit of an old fuddy-duddy when it comes to digital effects for the guitar.

<waffle>In the studio for post recording purposes they're great, but I've heard many digital effects for the guitar and not been impressed by a single one. I think it comes down to the nature of the signal, if the signal is analogue then use analogue processing, if it's digital then use digital (or analogue if you've got very good and very expensive A2D converters). If you study how digital audio actually works then you'll soon realise that it's fudge after fudge, so you really need to know when and how to use it to avoid a mechanic sound.</waffle>

Get a nice valve amp and see how your digital pedals behave, if you don't like it then save up for a nice new analogue one! :-)

But I reckon as soon as you fall in love with the valve sound you'll be throwing your digital pedals into the bin (Ebay).
google blackheart amps-- very well built and INEXPENSIVE. they're so popular it's hard to find them in stock anywhere. they're coming out with a 15 watt combo...the lil devil
i would go with the tiny terror as well. get a 1x12 or w/e cab you find suitable, and you should be fine for everything up to small/medium gigs. anything bigger than that might have to be mic'd up. i actually played one of these last night for a while. its my second time going to that shop just to jam on it. b/c im too poor and cant buy it

or any orange amp.

=

Ownage
Last edited by AJS19 at Jul 24, 2008,