looking at a change of pick-ups and got confused...

how difficult is it to replace my current piece-of-****-manufacturer-standard pickups??

with active (i presume?) EMG pickups (81/85 etc.) the company quotes battery life to be 3000 hours...
are the batterys left on even while your not playing?
or is a case of taking the lead out switchs them off or that sort of thing??

also... how easy is a battery change on them??

Help would be hugely apprieciated
As far as i know there only on when its plugged in. And as long as the back plate of your guitar is easy access then changing battery is easy access =)
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Pretty simple install and with a big enough control cavity you can fit a battery in with no issue. I was able to stuff two batterys and an extra switch in mine.

When the guitar cable is unplugged the battery is disconnected.
yo I've been using my EMG's for about 4 years in two of my guitars. First of all I didn't replace the pickups on my gibson but they are the same to install as a passive pickup. aqbout the battery life the battery is only in use when you have a cable attached to the guitar. And lastly where I have my batteries in my guitars it take about 30 seconds to change them.Also I've had them for 4 years and only switched out the batteries on each guitar only once.

Hope that helps
Member of the "...Still waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club.

Founder of the "ZAKK Wylde" club

pm me to join
They are only active once you plug a cable into them. Therefore, every time you are done playing/practising whatever, just unplug the cable, and you will easily get 3000 hours.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.