I have an ESP D-4 bass and for some reason no sound will come out when I plug it into my amp. The first thing I thought was "Its my cable." but then I pluged in my other bass (An Ibanez) and it worked fine.

I tried the ESP on two amps with different cables and everytime I got the same thing. No sound. I dropped it about 3 weeks ago while it was in a gig bag and it left a nasty little dent on it near the input but I haven't had any problems with it until today.

So now I'm thinking that maybe something came loose near the input jack when I dropped it and it just slipped out of place today but I really don't know because its been working fine up until now.

So any idea whats wrong with it? I'm taking it in to get it looked at on friday but I just want to know if you guys have any idea whats wrong with it.

EDIT: I changed the battery. It works now. I feel like an idiot.
Quote by patsox834
Man, you're clearly in the wrong place. The dudes of the Pit are ladykillers.

Totally
Last edited by tap_3 at Jul 23, 2008,
Probably got a dicky connection, the shock of falling could have knocked a bit of soldering loose and the general wear and tear of playing (basses vibrate when played, obviously) could have shook it completely out.

I expect it'll either be a case of finding where the bad connection is and fixing it, or replacing a component, probably the jack. My bass had the same problem after an intensive period of gigging and being stored in a van.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
it's probably a wire that disconnected from the input jack, that stuff happens from time to time
Quote by sincewhen??
You LastAuramancer ....Are a GOD
have you checked the cavity for loose wires? I bet thats your problem. I don't know much about that bass, but is it active? If so, your battery may be out.
Gear
Peavy Basic 60 bass amp
Fender American Precison W/Quarter pounders
SX SPJ-62
Acoustic B100
SX SJB-75 LTD NA
Its not brand new but I've only had it a few months. Its just that every now and then it'll give me sound then it will just cut out or slowly get quieter until I can't hear it anymore.
Quote by patsox834

Totally
Change the battery, always try the cheapest and easiest fix first lol... The fact it slowly gets quieter makes me about 70% certain this will work
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Just changed the battery and...it works now....I feel stupid.

But thanks anyway because I would've never thought of that.
Quote by patsox834

Totally