I bought a new lefty Fender Stratocaster yesterday as my first guitar. I tried to play it but my right's hand's fingers aren't stretched enough for me to let me move my fingers along frets comfortably. The funny thing is that when I try it the other way round I can move my left fingers along the frets much better but I can't play the strings very well with me right ones. And it's the other way round. I write with my left hand.

Can move my fingers along the frets very well with my left hand and play the strings bad with my right hand.

Can't move my fingers along the frets very well with my right hand and play the strings good with my left hand.

What in the world I should do??? Feeling very depressed!
Your a right handed guitarist...and you have a left handed guitar. Switch the strings and play hendrix style or just return it.
Gear

Epiphone les paul Standard (sunburst)

Crate Vintage Club 50

Ibanez TS9 (Turbo Version?)

Alvarez Jumbo Acoustic
its easierto train your hand to pick well ratehr than to finger the frets well
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Well, which way feels more comfortable. That's the way to go. There's no point playing guitar if it causes pain when you play.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Rockerdude135
Your a right handed guitarist...and you have a left handed guitar. Switch the strings and play hendrix style or just return it.

Yeah well I write with my left hand... that's what confuses me. Yeah well I'll try to switch the strings. Hope it will feel comfortable
Quote by Wolfboy6
Yeah well I write with my left hand... that's what confuses me. Yeah well I'll try to switch the strings. Hope it will feel comfortable

I'm left handed as well, but I play guitar right handed. You are the same I suppose.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
i'm left handed too but i have the misfortune of playing guitar lefty. trust me if it feels better playing right handed go for it. you'll be better of in the long run. (your have better choices of guitar,and won't get screwed with higher prices.)
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
My brother is the same, he writes with his left but plays a normal guitar. Someone above said it's easier to train your picking hand than your fretting hand, they are right. If you have to flip it or switch around the lefty-guitar to play comfortably, you need a regular guitar so take that one back and swap it.
well, i'm left handed for just about everything (also left-footed) and i play righty guitar, the best thing would be to just learn right-handed guitar, it has its advantages anyway, you dont have to depend on having a lefty guitar to play, unless you wanna look cool by holding your instrument the other way...
Quote by Icarus Lives
Ya some people just grow up writing with the wrong hand by accident...that might be you. I think the real test is to ask "which hand would you punch someone in the face with?"

Well I would grab him by my right-hand and punch him with my left-hand lol. I also eat with my left hand...
Quote by B.do
well, i'm left handed for just about everything (also left-footed) and i play righty guitar, the best thing would be to just learn right-handed guitar, it has its advantages anyway, you dont have to depend on having a lefty guitar to play, unless you wanna look cool by holding your instrument the other way...

Well I guess I'm like you. I do everything with my left hand, but with the guitar... I dunno, only god knows
Quote by chuckflan333
First guitar? I thought you had an LTD Viper?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=916120

Yeah I know I have an LTD Viper. How am I going to tell you?... I was going to buy my first guitar and told everyone. So my friends bought me a Fender Stratocaster (they shared the money). But they didn't know that I had ordered my ESP Viper-50 and was coming the same day they were willing to give me the Fender Stratocaster as a surprise. So I consider them both my first guitars. The thing is that the ESP Viper-50 is right and can play it good but can't get a good sound out of it. The Fender Stratocaster is Left and can't seem to play it right. Life Suckz
Man, you just need to practice, believe me, all those insane shredders out there had the same problems that you are having right now