I live in Hong Kong, and when i am on holiday there, i will be selling my Ibanez SZ520 to them, hoping to get around 200-300. Do you think it's possible to get paid around that price? Thanks.
No. The purpose of the trade-in is to dick over the customer. If you got a guitar for $350, you may get $150 back. And that's a big if. More than likely they'll give you 100 and re-sell it for $250. Game Stop is the same way, they'll give you 15 for a game and sell it for 40 used.
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
i think you'd be better off trying to sell it yourself first. you'll probably get more money that way.
GUITARS:
Fender Strat w/ Seymour duncans
Agile Explorer w, SD livewire metal
Fender Telecaster w/ hot rail

PEDALBOARD:
Boss chromatic tuner
Ibanez weeping demon
*Digitech Whammy*
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ibanezguitarkid
i think you'd be better off trying to sell it yourself first. you'll probably get more money that way.

ebay works wonders.
stores have to make money when they sell your guitar. Figure what they will tag it at and then divide it by 2 - that's what you'll probably get. So a guitar selling for 500 probably traded for 200 - 250
Yea but don't take their crap. I had put my Rivera Tre amp for sale on Craigslist, and the guy that own the guitar center here said he would buy it for the price I had listed on CL. I haul the thing with a 2x12 cab, 45 min there. Everything is going good, then the sales guy who was testing it and all said that theres no way they could buy it for that price. The guy who I had spoken too wasnt even around, trying to get that guy to haggle with me. I ended up sitting in one of the back rooms over 30 min, while they dicked around trying to get me to give in. Finally I had enough and told them look if your not giving me the price we had agreed on 3 different times, then just put it back in my car and I will be on my way back home. They gave me what I asked for, and tried to send my on a guilt trip about it. I wont deal with Guitar Center again after that, I understand business is business. But making me drive all that way, to sit around, and BS me after we agreed on a set price 3 different times. Really changed my mind about Guitar Center, I havent set foot back in once since and probably wont.
^

Guitar Center isn't a franchise so I don't know how the guy that "owns" the GC near you could offer to buy it.
it's hard to get a decent price, specially on that kind of stores...

at the moment you buy your guitar it loses 30% of it's value add the time of use and the condition of it, the price goes really low, it's more convenient to sell it to a person rather than a store
GC is a corporate entity. Their purpose is to make money not make customers happy or be fair. Big places like that dont care if you come back or are happy with your purchase they just care about the stock price this quarter. Not what you would think is a good business plan but as they usually end up putting most of the smaller shops in a city out of business what choice will you have. Works for walmart.
I'd put it on ebay...

take some photos and make it look good and it should fetch quite a bit
No. Expect about 25% of what you payed for it. I was looking into trading my old Kustom 10W amp which I got for $80 in for a new amp, and they offered me something around $20-25 for it.
But thats just what happened to me, don't take it as law.
we recntly tried to sell an almost new crate bass amp that we paid $250 for to them and there best offer was $40... can you say ebay?
Quote by HaKattack
Pop Tarts. Strudels are a Austrian invention; Hitler was also from Austria.
Obviously, Toaster Strudels are the same as Toaster NAZIS.
yeah try ebay..another suggestion would be if you know some people who play guitar, ask around and see if any of them are looking for a new guitar and then see if they're interested. Like I was looking at pedals at a local guitar store and the guy I used to take lessons from there saw me and gave me a good deal on one he had and he let me try it out and I ended up buying it. Probably better for buying, but it might work for selling..
Quote by Tackleberry
GC is a corporate entity. Their purpose is to make money not make customers happy or be fair. Big places like that dont care if you come back or are happy with your purchase they just care about the stock price this quarter. Not what you would think is a good business plan but as they usually end up putting most of the smaller shops in a city out of business what choice will you have. Works for walmart.

it may be that way in some places but my local guitar center if very fair to me. i have built a good relationship with many of the employee's and i'm always treated well.
Quote by xmattx
I live in Hong Kong, and when i am on holiday there, i will be selling my Ibanez SZ520 to them, hoping to get around 200-300. Do you think it's possible to get paid around that price? Thanks.

They have a Guitar Center in Hong Kong?? And no, they won't pay you that much on the SZ.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
No, i meant, i live in Hong Kong, and when i am on vacation in the US i will be selling my guitar.
you'd be better off taking your guitar to a local shop, and putting it on consignment.

it might take longer, but you'll get what you asked for.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.