Hi, i am in the market for a new guitar, mainly for the purpses of playing heavy metal though i want to have nice cleans and some versatility also for some lower gain rock and folky stuff.

specs i want:

Mahogany neck and body
Set Neck
rosewood or ebony fretboard
43mm nut ( 1-11/16 inch)
at least 22 frets but 24 would be nice
I am still unsure on what scale i want
2 x humbucker but coil tap function would be great
The guitar has to LOOK 'metal'
passive pickups i think would be best but would consider actives.
good tuners stock preferably
good high fret access (so no les pauls please)
Fixed Bridge

I think that about covers it. i like in the uk and have about £300 to spend, maybe £350. thanks

P.S sorry i should have said, i think i should cancel out schecter because the ones i have played had thick necks that i didn't like much and i have heard most of them are the same thickness
Last edited by Sepulturick at Jul 23, 2008,
dean razorback. the version without a floyd rose.
i think its around £350.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Iceman 400 fills all specs.
Gear.

Ibanez Iceman IC400.

And Daron Malakians custom triangle pick.

Thats all you need to know.
Quote by Psycho4SOAD
Iceman 400 fills all specs.

except the price, and he would still have to go used
Could go for some Schecter Hellraiser or they're new Blackjack ATX with blackouts
Quote by burn the stars
schecter, just about any.

this!
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by -n0rm
if you want a metalish guitar dont you want actives?

It's all about taste. Tons of people who play metal hate active pickups, while others go by nothing else. They're plenty of passive pickups that just sound great for metal, as well.
Quote by burn the stars

don't like the thick schecter necks
Last edited by Sepulturick at Jul 23, 2008,
Look at the ESP MH-1000 Deluxe. Then swap the pups
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Some sort of Jackson.
A hartail RR is available I believe for your price.
but that is only 22 frets.
hardtail dinkys are great, good fret access, great value, but arent metal shaped...

Any of the higher end ESPs are great, its just that most do come with EMGs.
Guitars:
Jackson JS300 Kelly
Jackson DK2 Dinky
Ibanez RG 7321
Ibanez Nylon acoustic

Amps:
Crate 15 watt(Broke)
Dean 10 watt amp
Peavey Valveking 112
Peavey XXX(Lookin for a cab...)

Pedals:
G2 Zoom Multi-FX(Tuner)
Quote by jerm__
Look at the ESP MH-1000 Deluxe. Then swap the pups

way out of my price range and has a 42 mm nut
washburn x50 pro maybe?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by SykoDelik
Some sort of Jackson.
A hartail RR is available I believe for your price.
but that is only 22 frets.
hardtail dinkys are great, good fret access, great value, but arent metal shaped...

Any of the higher end ESPs are great, its just that most do come with EMGs.

jacksons are mostly alder though
Quote by lwayneio
washburn x50 pro maybe?

no thanks, had one before, found it uncomfortable and the buzz feiten thing is totally off putting
dude you arnt going to get anywhere near what you want for £350, either lower your specs or raise your budget....
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
You said no les pauls, but an LTD Ec-500 or -1000 might be worth trying out, they have pretty good high fret access, MH-400 is in you price range. Most Jacksons around this range are bolt on, and I wouldn't touvh a dean this cheap.

You're price range is a bit hard to work with. You're at the very top of the low/mid range, but still out range of guitars like the 1000 series LTDs, high end Schecters, Japanese Jacksons and ANY decent Dean. You might wanna save a bit more, it would really open up your options.
Quote by lwayneio
washburn x50 pro maybe?

+1

that's your best bet for £300 for the specs you want, by far. assuming it looks metal enough.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by mrbungle50221
dude you arnt going to get anywhere near what you want for £350, either lower your specs or raise your budget....

a washburn x50pro has pretty much his exact spec and is £300 on gak...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Sepulturick
nice suggestions, never even thought about michael kelly guitars.

Im loving michael kelly guitars atm im definetly going to get one when i have some money im thinking of the valor x or the patriot custom
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by burn the stars

My bias aside...

This meats any/all of the specs you listed...

The "C-1" line of models is probably what you'd want... and in your price range... go look around.