I'm talking semi-beginner. I just did the solo to Seize the day, and after this, I am gonna learn the solo from 'Live and Learn'. However, I'm looking for reasonably simple solos (Seize+). Any suggestions?
killing lights by afi.
smells like teen spirit by nirvana. xD
Last edited by Anonymouslyours at Jul 23, 2008,
paranoid-Black Sabbath
some G'NR or led zepp
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
just slowly learn lamb of god songs
if u can get 1 of their songs in whole
at full speed etc etc
u can play just about anything lol
but will take 2-8 weeks lol
Quote by Anonymouslyours
learn green day's cover of the simpsons theme song. impress your friends with a very easy song. =D

impress or bore
er, isnt there like a billion threads EXACTLY the same as this....
in the future try the searchbar.

oh yeh and pretty much any RHCP song has a decent , simple solo.
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
Quote by black-serenade-
impress or bore

+1
never learn crap like that unless you're really good and you want to whip it out and a band practice as a joke with your bandmates or something.

Otherwise you're just a joke/novelty guitarist.
I can't stand the people who can only play the Mario theme or the Simpsons theme and they suck at everything else.
XD It was funny. I am gonna try 'Nothing else matters', it sounds very nice. And yes, there are a million of these threads. It just didn't register with me to go "oh yeah, just use the darn search bar". Thanks, ya'll. And I learned simpsons too, for lulz (I'll memorize it later, I guess)
Quote by Phantom123
XD It was funny. I am gonna try 'Nothing else matters', it sounds very nice. And yes, there are a million of these threads. It just didn't register with me to go "oh yeah, just use the darn search bar". Thanks, ya'll. And I learned simpsons too, for lulz (I'll memorize it later, I guess)

It's a slow paced solo, but I hope your fingers are good at bends. haha
Quote by -Collapse-
It's a slow paced solo, but I hope your fingers are good at bends. haha

XD Seize the day was almost nothing BUT. This is actually a surprisingly good follow up, since it's largely the same skills :P
jesus christ by brand new

easiest solo/intro ever.
and sounds cool too
get another guitarist to play the other part and you sound amazing.
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
The intro to "wish you were here" by Pink Floyd was my first solo. It's easy and exposes you to some useful techniques.
Quote by outofkoolaid
The intro to "wish you were here" by Pink Floyd was my first solo. It's easy and exposes you to some useful techniques.

+1
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Santeria by Sublime

That's a highly recognizable tune to me and all of the people I know, and it's pretty easy. At one point it's quick but keep practicing and it sounds good on any guitar.
Green Day solos such as American Idiot or Wake Me Up When September Ends, short but sweet, and very easy.
Exo Politics or Hysteria by Muse.
Sweet Child O'mine until it gets quick.
Positive Tension by Bloc Party has an awesome solo.
Live Forever, or Importance of being Idle by Oasis.

Gotta remember to try and make sure it sounds good even if it's easy. Make sure you get the bends right and everything then most solos sound good.
Last edited by philm87 at Jul 24, 2008,