I've google searched and found nothing of any use.

I'm looking for schematics which simply have the stratocaster with controls functioning in the normal way, except with the pickups in series, as opposed to parallel. But they all seem to completely rearrange the way the system works on google...

is this even possible? i'm having my doubts because of all the other random crap thats appearing when i google search.

edit: I have also tried guitarelectronics.com and the seymour duncan website and found nothing that has what i want.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 23, 2008,
well... i bet if you put it in paralell it would get some balls. i bet youd get a more "activey" sound that regular passive pickups, so i bet thats why they dont hav ea schematic on it but i dont know. its worth a shot. you would have to put the ground and the lead stringing through each pickup... kinda of looking like this, i would guess, with each box being a pickup... i dunno...

Bridge=[]=[]=[]=controls
Quote by bass guy 129
well... i bet if you put it in paralell it would get some balls. i bet youd get a more "activey" sound that regular passive pickups, but i dont know. its worth a shot

i know what it'll do to the sound... what i'm asking is if its possible to get the pickups in series and maintain the standard switching, as there appears to be no schematics on the internet for something i'd have thought loads of people would've done.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

It is possible man, what you are after is something like this yeah?

1. Neck
2. Neck x Middle
3. Middle
4. Middle x Bridge
5. Bridge
Where the 'x' means series, where as normally it'd be parallel.

It's possible to do it with one of the 4-pole Super Switches. I've got a similar setup in my old squire strat. I switch between normal and that above, but in position 3 I've got Neck x Bridge.

I could draw you up a schematic tonight and post a picture tomorrow when I get to work.
Amps:
Vox AC15CC1X
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 (with Custom switching) | Modded Squire Strat | Sigma Acoustic | Yamaha 12-string
Pedals:
Behringer Tuner | Cheap Volume | Boss DD-3 | Boss DS-1 | JH-1 Wah
Quote by xatz
It is possible man, what you are after is something like this yeah?

1. Neck
2. Neck x Middle
3. Middle
4. Middle x Bridge
5. Bridge
Where the 'x' means series, where as normally it'd be parallel.

It's possible to do it with one of the 4-pole Super Switches. I've got a similar setup in my old squire strat. I switch between normal and that above, but in position 3 I've got Neck x Bridge.

I could draw you up a schematic tonight and post a picture tomorrow when I get to work.

yeah, thats what i was trying to achieve (i'm doing this to a squier). i'm still undecided as to whether i want it to be able to switch back to parallel or not as i have a fender strat which i'm keeping the way it is. Also i've heard series/parallel switching isn't possible with a 5-way switch.

Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 24, 2008,
i don't like to bump threads but i found a pic of the guitar lying around on my computer... just in case it helps (see attachment)

what i'm planning on doing is getting it wired in series, with middle pickup phase inverting, and possibly getting a pickguard which has a reverse-angled bridge pickup slot so it has the bridge pickup angled similarly to using a lefty strat strung right handed. Depending on whether its possible with the 5 way switch (i don't want separate on/off switching) i'd also like to be able to switch back to parallel although this isn't entirely necessary as i still have a fender strat for stock strat tones.
Attachments:
sqrstrt.jpg

Here's a quick schematic that I drew up:

The stock strat switch probably won't be able to do it as it's most likely only got 3 contacts, not 5 like you need. This switch here will do what you want.
You'll also need a DPDT switch for switching between Series and Parallel. This could be a push-pull on one of your pots.
Note also that in the diagram there are volume or tone. I was assuming the 'hot to volume' would go to the volume in a Master Volume, Master Tone circuit. If you wanted to retain the existing two tones, then I'm not sure at the moment how to do that. Maybe someone else could shead some light on that.
The usual 'Use at your own risk' warning applies here too as I haven't tested the above circuit.
Amps:
Vox AC15CC1X
Guitars:
Ibanez S5470 (with Custom switching) | Modded Squire Strat | Sigma Acoustic | Yamaha 12-string
Pedals:
Behringer Tuner | Cheap Volume | Boss DD-3 | Boss DS-1 | JH-1 Wah
Quote by xatz
Here's a quick schematic that I drew up:

The stock strat switch probably won't be able to do it as it's most likely only got 3 contacts, not 5 like you need. This switch here will do what you want.
You'll also need a DPDT switch for switching between Series and Parallel. This could be a push-pull on one of your pots.
Note also that in the diagram there are volume or tone. I was assuming the 'hot to volume' would go to the volume in a Master Volume, Master Tone circuit. If you wanted to retain the existing two tones, then I'm not sure at the moment how to do that. Maybe someone else could shead some light on that.
The usual 'Use at your own risk' warning applies here too as I haven't tested the above circuit.

thanks

i'd imagine the tone pots for the middle/neck pickup would go between those pickups and the 5-way switch? it shouldn't be too difficult for me to work it out