Just wondering, I rarely see them with any other pickups than dimarzio's, or atleast not the famous ibanez users e.g. gilbert, vai etc

any specific reason for this?
They like them?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
they are good
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Cause...

Ibanez + DiMarzio = Win

Duh.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Dimarzio make pickups that are geared more towards people who would use Ibanez guitars, or at least the type of music that is usually played on Ibanez'. It's a pretty natural marriage.
i'm pretty certain dimarzio and ibanez scratch each others backs.

just like how some brands also come with Seymour duncans as stock pickups
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Ibanez is kinda aimed towards the solo guitarist, shredder. And dimarzio pup's are aimed at the same target. So I guess it's kinda a win for both?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I see just as many Ibanezes with EMGs in them as I do with Dimarzios in them

But EVERYONE puts EMG's in their guitars.

I'm not sure why the combination is so common. I know I was influenced to buy DiMarzio for my Ibanez because of it though.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by FLNagle
But EVERYONE puts EMG's in their guitars.

I'm not sure why the combination is so common. I know I was influenced to buy DiMarzio for my Ibanez because of it though.

yeah I'm exactly going thru the same thing, I'm actually a SD guy, but it feels weird putting them in my ibanez so I was thinking maybe putting dimarzio's in it
pretty strange, i know... the fact that esp users put emg and sd, and i dont see many seymour duncans and emgs(yes, I dont) in ibanez'es.
probably 'cos the higher end models come with dimarzios, so people think that if they upgrade their ibanez to dimarzios, it's "almost" as good as the high-end ones.

much like people putting gibson pickups in epiphones.

it's a bit daft if you ask me... get a pickup which you like and which suits the guitar, don't say, "well, it's an ibanez so i have to put dimarzios in".

Of course, if you like dimarzios and are after a specific tone which they do, that's fair enough.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
get a pickup which you like and which suits the guitar, don't say, "well, it's an ibanez so i have to put dimarzios in".

+1

My Ibanez is going to be BKP'd when I have the money, nuts to DiMarzio!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.