I can spend an entire day progressing with guitar, or reading a huge chunk of a book, and be rather content with my separation from the world. I'm not antisocial--I value friendships and I love people. Nothing makes me happier than raving with close friends or kicking it with a blunt and people I genuinely like, but on some weekdays--uneventful days such as today--I'd much rather spend my time alone, following my bliss in my hobbies, than sit around smoking bowls and talking about nothing at all.

Was wondering if anyone could relate to that.
I would much rather sit around smoking bowls and talking about nothing at all. But I''ve been here all day today and I'm happy.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Everyone needs some alone time. I know how you feel.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
today i played guitar for about 7 hours

i have no life
Sigs Are For Pussies
yeah i get you man. but stay alone for too long and you start going nuts for some human contact.
Quote by CorvetteRick
Its how I live pretty much everyday.

The joys of being unemployed and living alone.

EDIT: That sounded sad and pathetic. It actually kicks massive ass in my opinion.

I totally agree.
"I'm sick of following my dreams man. I'm just ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
People take days like these for granted. A clear schedule could be a real rewarding opportunity.

I can learn an Opeth song in its entirety, and finish reading Shantaram. I'll take that over a lot of other options.

Too many in a row can make me neurotic, though.
Last edited by Razzah at Jul 23, 2008,
It's cool, I like to drink by myself. I'll pour some Jack Daniel's on ice, put on some Johnny Cash, pick up my guitar, and play along while sucking on Marlboro lights. Nothing wrong with spending time alone. I also lose myself working on cars.
-Custom Epiphone LP
-Gretsch G5129 Electromatic
-Fender DG8S Acoustic
-Fender Blues Jr. NOS amp
-Boss FBM-1, CS-3, NS-2, DD-7, RC-2 Pedals
I like days like them but I usually run out of things to do and just end up being bored out of my mind
i could be the last guy on earth, and to me it would hardly matter.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
I can relate. I often skip work so I can stay at home to watch an interesting movie, workout, read a book, or just enjoy being outside. In fact I'm skipping work right now to workout and then read The God Delusion!
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by Baa I'm a Sheep
I recently went two weeks with no human contact,wasnt actually too bad.

I do that all the time, my dad goes away and so does my mom and leave me some money for food, and i just sit around.
I've been actually quite antisocial lately. I just work, and when I'm not working I'm on the computer or playing guitar/drums. Occasionally I'll go out and see a movie with friends, or to a local show or somewhere. Like once or twice a week.

But for the last three or so years of my life, I was strictly social, when I was in my band. Four or five days a week were with friends, constantly. I lived like half an hour out of town from my band so I stayed with band members. Everyday was hanging out or playing shows. Now I'm like completely opposite of that. But it's okay, it's allowing me to focus on writing my own music which has always been the main goal.
We're only strays.
Certain people i like to hang out with... but most of the time I would rather be by myself then with alot of other people. I know people who have to be around someone all the time, those type of people are normally the ones i like to avoid. Probably why i have never been much of a partier. I would rather chill with 3-4 close friends then be in a group of 50 people i hardly know.
Quote by ACG
I can relate. I often skip work so I can stay at home to watch an interesting movie, workout, read a book, or just enjoy being outside. In fact I'm skipping work right now to workout and then read The God Delusion!

The God Delusion was an awesome book, mate!

Kudos to you!

On Topic: I'm not...allowed to be left by myself for long. When I'm left to my own thoughts I usually start freaking out. Multiple Personalities FTL
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
i only really have one friend in the village i live in
theres nothing to do here
to see all my other friends i have to go about 20minutes on a train to the town everyone hangs out
cos of my mate, we missed the train & the next one isnt for hours & even if i get it, i'll only have a couple hours before the last train home
so i have nothing to do today, cos i just dont feel like playing guitar =/
I know what you mean TS. I sometimes go through several days like that, with my only social interaction being The Pit and my family.

Eventually, you get sort of tired of it.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

Can't do that, I just get extremely lonely. I need constant human attention, or I dissolve into the ground.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I've been spending pretty much the last four months on my own. Things are starting to get a little stale, to say the least...

You lay me down as I go to the store
Sorrow ate me, I'm not me anymore
Play these heavens one more time
I'm not yours and I'm not mine

When you hear music after it's over, it's gone in the air.
You can never capture it again.

I like having a day alone, as long as I have something to do. The last couple of days I've been home alone and had some school work to do, and it was surprisingly relaxing.
Well, when you're as awesome as me, you really don't need anyone else's company. I'll go months at a time without going out, I like ignoring phone calls.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I find it's the people that can't enjoy their own company or taking it easy that have the real issues. I don't mean that badly I am just going by personal experience and insight.
Quote by ViperScale
Certain people i like to hang out with... but most of the time I would rather be by myself then with alot of other people. I know people who have to be around someone all the time, those type of people are normally the ones i like to avoid. Probably why i have never been much of a partier. I would rather chill with 3-4 close friends then be in a group of 50 people i hardly know.

Tell me about it.

A friend of mine is just so needy, he use to come in to school at 8.30 even though he had no lessons until last period and once phoned me on a friday and he'd phoned about 7 other people just to talk, one person about 5 times

He describes himself as an extrovert but I'd describe him as desperate. He's an asshole as well.

Anyway, yeah being on your own can be cool but does get painfully boring after 2 days I'd say.
It's all about balance. Socializing is immensely important, but so is enjoying time alone just doing whatever you feel like. When I find that perfect balance, my life is bliss and I really feel like the best person I can be.
I mostly agree with octopec.

In the holidays just passed(went for 3 weeks), around 70% of my days were by myself, which I liked. I only hung out with my good friends a few times and met a few new people. I see enough of my other friends at school.

But yeah, time by yourself is very good.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
I prefer time by myself over social activities. If I met someone like myself, then I would enjoy hanging out with them too.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
All the things I'll never see
All the things I'll never be
All there is that's left for me
Is here in this eternity
Of isolation

The cavalcade, the jamboree
Of life I thought was meant for me
I never dreamed that it would be
Replaced by this eternity
Of isolation.

All the things I'll never see
All the things I'll never be
All my hopes are memory
All there is that's left for me
Is isolation.
I like sitting around and smoking joints alone? :O
I hate weed sponges. >.>
Quote by clapton-floyd
I don't believe in free will, I believe in Rohypnol.