Quote by Ghold125
Am i playing metal, or shred?

metal... both i would consider really metal guitars?
I'd go for the Jackson. It'll most likely be higher quality and just all around better built. Made in Japan guitars are excellent.

I've also read that Schecter neck are pretty thick, but you'd have to try one out to see if it suits you.
Well, the Schecter is Mahogany and is made in Korea IIRC, the Jackson is Alder and is made in Japan. I would personally take the Jackson.
i own a jackson dinky. it rocks my socks every day. love it to death. don't know to much about ther other however.

my style is a bit of bluesy rock with some softer and lighter stuff here and there btw (i guess a jackson wasn't the right choice for me but w/e :P )
Quote by metalman89
I'd go for the Jackson. It'll most likely be higher quality and just all around better

WRONG. That's what you get for reading the forums and not actually trying these guitars out for yourself.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Personally I'd go for the Jackson mainly because I've played both guitars and preferred the Jackson neck to the Schecter neck. The Hellraiser has too much of a thick fat neck which I despise; thin and satin finish with Jackson! Tonally wise, the Jackson will have a more brighter sound due to alder wood. Although I think you can get more tones with the Schecter due to the coil tap.
Quote by Mwoit
Personally I'd go for the Jackson mainly because I've played both guitars and preferred the Jackson neck to the Schecter neck. The Hellraiser has too much of a thick fat neck which I despise; thin and satin finish with Jackson! Tonally wise, the Jackson will have a more brighter sound due to alder wood. Although I think you can get more tones with the Schecter due to the coil tap.

This is the first post on the thread where the poster actually knows what he is talking about.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by Vanquish
WRONG. That's what you get for reading the forums and not actually trying these guitars out for yourself.

Ok.