Yo guys, I have a Mesa Boogie Roadster with an Orange 2x12 cabinet. I used to play with a band for about a year and a half but the other dudes are getting older and have other stuff to do so we decided to go different ways, whatever. But now all this thing does is sit in my room, not being able to be turned up.

My reasons I think I should sell it;

-Tbh.. I'm really not even that great at guitar, and sometimes I feel like I don't deserve it when I see some crazy youtube vids etc.. I just had a ****load of cash at one point and bought it.

-Too big for a bedroom amp.

-Too loud.

-I could sell it for $15-1600 ?

---

If I did sell it I would probably buy a Tiny Terror or something.. Tell me what to do! Thanks & Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
^looks like you won't struggle to sell it
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
I could buy it right now!!!!

You got a good price on it. That's bout how much they're worth....
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
Last edited by phenom1991 at Jul 23, 2008,
So hmm..
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

I don't wanna put any more money into my rig ahh; I've already spent like $2000 on my amp. =\ I dunno.

It sounds to me like you've already made up your mind...

Personally, I think selling it and looking towards something smaller like a Tiny Terror (or maybe more boutique if you're willing to shell out the money, Cornford perhaps) would be a good idea.
You'll have some cash spare too which is always nice
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
I haven't decided yet. Urgh.. What would UG do ?

Personally, If I dont need money I would try to keep every piece of gear I own.
Quote by tr3nt
I haven't decided yet. Urgh.. What would UG do ?

buy a line6 spider 3 then used the rest on effects pedals
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
I want a BH Little Giant

Quote by ash_attack

Make sure they are BOSS pedals too.

Anyways, I would say it's a smart idea to downsize. Grab a Tiny Terror, Little Giant/Handsome Devil or whatever small tube head you fancy and you'll be able to crank it. You can have some extra cash plus an amp more suited for what you need, sounds like a win/win to me.

Just don't sell it because you think you don't deserve it man. You can always grow into an amp and if you have the money you can have any amp you want, don't feel bad about it.

You should have no trouble selling it.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by thefrigginbob

Anyways, I would say it's a smart idea to downsize. Grab a Tiny Terror, Little Giant/Handsome Devil or whatever small tube head you fancy and you'll be able to crank it. You can have some extra cash plus an amp more suited for what you need, sounds like a win/win to me.

Just don't sell it because you think you don't deserve it man. You can always grow into an amp and if you have the money you can have any amp you want, don't feel bad about it.

You should have no trouble selling it.

The amp sounds great, I just never get to crank it. All my favorite bands use Mesa rectifiers, almost every pop punk/rock bands use rectifiers, a lot of metalcore bands, and just alternative rock bands use rectifiers. It fits my style just I never get to turn it up past like .5

and the fact it's an absolutely huge piece of equipment, the head weighs i'd say around 60-70 lbs. and takes up a ton of room in my room. Haha. I just don't know ughh

Would the LG capture the tones I want?

that's a pretty significant downgrade man, especially for the styles you like. Nothing against those amps, but I don't think you're going to be happy with a LG or a TT once you've owned a Roadster. Those amps still get pretty loud when you are cranking them into saturation, and they will have nowhere near the lowend and punch your Roadster does.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
you should definitely trade it for my mark iii
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I say just do whatever your gut tells you.

After I sold my Mark IV I was actually thinking about buying a Fender amp since I've been hearing tons of them at concerts and love how they sound. But I decided I couldn't give up a good high-gain sound, even if I play blues most of the time anymore anyways.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by ash_attack

Oh you crazy 08ers!
keep it unless you can sell it at a fairly good price.
you might regret one day when you have the time, space, and buddies to jam with.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Send it to the

Adopt A Neglected Mesa Foundation
c/o Jon Lorbacher
2716 Pea Ridge Rd
New Hill, NC 27562

You wont get any money or tax writeoffs, but you can breathe easier knowing you did your part to save a Mesa from being neglected and sitting in the corner like a Red-Headed stepchild.

In all seriousness, If I were you and you were me, I'd keep it, and you'd be me wishing that I would send it to you
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Last edited by Bloodshed at Jul 25, 2008,
I would say get a THD Hotplate, they work really well with my Dual Rec, but if you decide to downsize and go boutique, I highly suggest you take a look at Roccaforte!
Quote by thefrigginbob

I'd like to see you crank a TT indoors.

There would be casualties.

Anyway, I think that the LG would a pretty good idea, but depending on your neighbours you may still not be able to crank that indoors. I'd either keep the Roadster and get an Attenuator if I were you, or sell the Roadster, get a cheaper, but still good head (not saying that the TT or LG are bad, but there are better) and and get an attentuator for that.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
I once accidentally put my randall on 6 in my room when i was reaching for the reverb knob. I almost shat my pants

Quote by thefrigginbob

Nothing wrong with BOSS pedals if you exclude the horrendous MT-2.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
Quote by polaroidvision
I'd like to see you crank a TT indoors.

There would be casualties.

Anyway, I think that the LG would a pretty good idea, but depending on your neighbours you may still not be able to crank that indoors. I'd either keep the Roadster and get an Attenuator if I were you, or sell the Roadster, get a cheaper, but still good head (not saying that the TT or LG are bad, but there are better) and and get an attentuator for that.

Yeah the TT is real loud..

What about the Blackheart? I bid on one on eBay for $125 not expecting to win.. But if I do sweet.