ok, i went to a near by guitar store and checked the HotRod Deluxe.
I think it's pretty amazing... any comments about it?
anyway...
I want to buy with it a OD/DIS Pedal just to get abit more crunchy and metal tone.
they offered me the Tube King.
what do you think about that? i didn't have time to listen to the tube king.
Quote by Sandman61
ok, i went to a near by guitar store and checked the HotRod Deluxe.
I think it's pretty amazing... any comments about it?
anyway...
I want to buy with it a OD/DIS Pedal just to get abit more crunchy and metal tone.
they offered me the Tube King.
what do you think about that? i didn't have time to listen to the tube king.

DOES NOT COMPUTE

the HRD is regarded as having a crappy overdrive, nevermind metal distortion.

i think the valveking actually wins this one, although you'll compramise on cleans
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Epiphany521

+1

fender+metal=epic fail, sorry.

If you want a metal tone, you don't get fender amps
Yeah, metal and the HRD don't really go together. Maybe a B-52 or a Randall would be a better bet.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
bah :> ... the clean is ****ing amazing, i reallly care about the clean channel cuz of blues! but i wanna hardcore sometimes, shredding.
bah i'm always going backwards... is the blackheart 15w worth a hear ?? (i mean i need to travel about 2 hours to test it lol...)
give me links to specific tube amps that u suggest....
Quote by Sandman61

How about you try google, instead?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Sandman61
bah :> ... the clean is ****ing amazing, i reallly care about the clean channel cuz of blues! but i wanna hardcore sometimes, shredding.
bah i'm always going backwards... is the blackheart 15w worth a hear ?? (i mean i need to travel about 2 hours to test it lol...)

nooo

small amps dont do metul well

B-52 winz

look at bugera too
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Ghold125

fender+metal=epic fail, sorry.

Don't tell any Supersonic owners that. But generally I do agree.
It's tough though, there really aren't any good cheap $500- $600 amps that do metal and clean well without looking used. (Which I realize isn't really an option for you). You have to compromise something. What is more important to you?
I love my b-52, has the distortion and tone for most things. And clean channel is pretty good
The amp has very nice cleans, so if that's what you play mostly, then you'll be okay. A good OD pedal will get you dirty blues and classic rock. Metal won't be easy, though. The OD channels are absolutely useless on the amp.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...