Okay. I've applied for many jobs now.. most haven't got back to me (because I did them through online job recruitment sites that never seem to get back to you). One I had an interview for but the job turned out to be miles away and I'm waiting for a phone call from Vodafone any day now to organise a face to face interview (after going through two - I must say - quite difficult telephone interviews) However, I'm going to university in September so I won't be able to carry on working, I just wanted a summer job really but was willing to apply to a company and pretend I wanted to work there full time (although with Vodafone I do plan on transferring) The only problem is, that it's getting late in the holidays now and I have still not had any success in making money. Which is a real shame because I really wanted to take my girlfriend to Paris in September but that doesn't seem to be happening now. I need money, quickly.. any suggestions?
Last edited by matth05 at Jul 23, 2008,
save a bunch of money by dumping your girlfriend....problem solved

otherwise the pit is now going to recommend selling pot or whoring yourself out to fat chicks

in seriousness.....sell junk you find around your house on ebay

i think i almost finished a pit money thread in one post :O
Quote by $Guitarist$
Try to find a job at a farm. Make money and get beefed up for your lady.

and get some extra beef too! if they have cows
I've recently applied for a job in a pub washing dishes as a summer job, but i plan to sell alot of junk in my attic such as lego which i had as a child.

Only then can i get a sexy PGM301
Quote by $Guitarist$
Try to find a job at a farm. Make money and get beefed up for your lady.

This. Its good pay, and you usually get a few cold ones after work.
Quote by MacD44
This. Its good pay, and you usually get a few cold ones after work.

Doing dead animals after work?

Sounds like my kind of job!
RIP Tom Searle.
If you're wondering why they haven't called back, be persistent and call them every day until they set up an interview... they want to see that you want the job.
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Buy stuff from farmfoods or iceland and sell it to other people for extortionate prices
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
You're not gonna get a job. It's too late now, no one is gonna hire a guy who can only work for 1 month. Sorry.
Quote by seljer
in seriousness.....sell junk you find around your house on ebay

+1 I made 200€ this week selling stuff I don't use any more like GH3 and my chorus pedal. Need a job quick, I'm in a rut again and that ain't good.

Quote by Steel8909
You're not gonna get a job. It's too late now, no one is gonna hire a guy who can only work for 1 month. Sorry.

I got a job two years ago on a construction site, it lasted only 2 weeks.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by CoreysMonster
call center jobs? tech support?

GUITAR LESSONS?

you don't have to have a job to make money, you know.

I do know, I was kinda after people offering me alternatives to jobs..

I don't really have anything that valuable to sell, I need money for the Leeds festival too which adds another £100 (about $196ish) to the expenses of travelling to Paris..

At the minute I'm desperately trying to relearn all my web designing knowledge I acquired in PHP/XHTML and CSS and offer to build small companies websites.. but they're difficult to come by and very reluctant to ask someone with no experience, like myself, to build them a website. [So I'm presently building a small portfolio].

Meh.. I know there's no such thing as a "quick money" scheme.. but I like to hear suggestions.

Quote by Steel8909

I know : [. In case you didn't realise, I've already really given up on the job thing.
don't sell weed. sell pills. you don't make any money from selling weed. my mate made a grand in a week selling pills....

its a bit retarded though.
Go to those throw-in-a-penny wishing pools at night. Grab some cash. Then, pump some water out and pass it off as penny-flavored, magic wish granting water from the wish pool. Problem solved.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Quote by CoreysMonster
call center jobs? tech support?

GUITAR LESSONS?

you don't have to have a job to make money, you know.

You're so non-conformist bro.

Having gotten my main income the past few months from teaching little brats, it wears thin soon.