when borrowing my mates boss metalizer (cool thing from the 80's) i was really impressed with the cool doubling effect it came with, it really added some extra fatness to my lead and made some killer riffs combined with the octave down harmony shift on my digitech whammy very similar to recent white stripes "blue orchid" "im slowly turning into you" especially the solo on the latter

is there a pedal that can get the cool doubling effect without the metalness of my friends boss?

cheers
Quote by Nerdo-sez-bo
Any chorus pedal

its not chorus im after

i cant quite describe, just like when you manually double a recording, like record on another track exactly what your playing, you get that heavier fatter sound
... delay, quick delay, it just makes your sound fuller. add a reverb and you get fat tone all over the place.
there is the MXR Blue Box which is basically a fuzz pedal/harmonizer one octave down

jimmy page uses that in the solo for fool in the rain
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Many of the multi fx pedals have a doubler. It can be done with a delay pedal. I just use a chorus, with the right settings it thickens but doesnt sound to much like a chorus.
Quote by iheartprog
... delay, quick delay, it just makes your sound fuller. add a reverb and you get fat tone all over the place.

This was your answer all along. Get a delay pedal, set it to the shortest settings possible, and bring up the delay volume.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
try a fast delay. when i'm jamming out on my pod.. i use a ping pong delay set really quick to give myself a thick stereo sound through my headphones.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.