Page 1 of 2
im looking at upgrading both my guitar and my amp, i'm looking to match the tone of such bands as avenged sevenfold, atreyu, bullet for my valentine etc. and im thinking a schecter c-1 hellraiser along with a decent mesa combo. any thoughts? oh and i also have a BOSS Metal Zone MT-2, should i return for an extra 100?
if your gettin a messa, the metal zone can go out the window.

and they all use schecters, so you might as well.
*Enter Sig Here*
i have a fender squier or however you spell it and a line6 spider III 15, which should i get rid of first? because i dont have the money at the moment to replace both.
amp will make your guitar sound better , so you can deal with the crappy guitar a bit longer.
get the guitar, then the amp.

your guitar is ALOT worst then your amp.

spiders are ok practice amps.
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Pageles
amp will make your guitar sound better , so you can deal with the crappy guitar a bit longer.

you cant make a piece of crap sound good, even if it was being played through a rectifier.
*Enter Sig Here*
alright so then a schecter it is, unless theres any other comparable rock guitars to them.
schecter or ibanez.

i play ibbys, love'm

up to you though
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Hale_91
you cant make a piece of crap sound good, even if it was being played through a rectifier.

yes you can, squiers sound okay through mesa's.
trust me, ive setup and done work on a few and tested them through my mesa...sounded better than any j custom would through a spider.
i'm not getting a very clear answer whether i should get a schecter/ibanez first or just go for a mesa 15watt or 30watt amp
personally, id get a nice mesa amp, like an f30 if you can find one used somewhere, or even something like a mark IV if you can afford it.

the guitar..maybe change the pickups or something if you really need it, but it could wait till you can afford a much better guitar.
Quote by Hale_91
if your gettin a messa, the metal zone can go out the window.

and they all use schecters, so you might as well.

That's incorrect.

In BFMV:

Michael Paget plays ESP.
Matt Tuck plays Jackson.

Just pointing that out, not trying to be a d*ck or anything.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
lol, i know they dont all play schecters, it was a stereotypical answer pointing out that that genre of metal usually comes down to schecters.

get wath ever you want.

i would get the guitar over the amp, because the feel of a decent guitar compared to a squire would dominate.

i would rather have a nice playing gutiar than have an amazing tone.
*Enter Sig Here*
im kinda new to the whole guitar scene, when you say recto you mean...? a mesa?
a mesa boogie rectifier

they make a single recto, dual and triple

single is 50 watts, dual is 100 and triple is 150

i'd reccomend a mesa boogie rectoverb combo if you can find one and afford it, its basically a rectifier but in a smaller, cheaper package with better cleans

www.mesaboogie.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYGQjYi2A30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoT1oRnSK88&feature=user

in these pics, you can clearly see mesa boogie rectifiers

they're rather expensive, which is why im recomending the rectoverb.

it can be had a lot cheaper, but you need to look used.
its also more compact and has a better clean tone imo.
Quote by godofshred
yes you can, squiers sound okay through mesa's.
trust me, ive setup and done work on a few and tested them through my mesa...sounded better than any j custom would through a spider.

+11230982390538742089734908572340985734095639487593845

im sorry i rather play a squier through my 6505+ then my esp ec-1000 through a line 6

please get the amp, for me?
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by godofshred

=]smiley face

i was so close to being in the 7 string legion well, hopefully in it xD but after i buy my bugera its 7 string ibanez prestige for me =D
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
maybe you should check out the bugeras yourself, all tube decent looking pretty affordable too, im gonna post up a review when i get mine, probably by the middle of next week?

and good lady* =D even though theres no such things as ladys on teh intarwebz (im really chris hansen xD)
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by godofshred
holy ****, looking at your gear i thought you were a 20 year old dude.
sorry about that, dayum!! haha!
cool stuff ash!

and bugera..i wouldnt lol
mesa > pidgeons set on fire screaming > bugera

=,[

its either that or a valveking stack
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
if i can wing it im gonna try an just get the combo version of my 6505, well without the fancy extra + symbol at the end, i just wanted to be cheap but the power of the youtube showed me the error of my way =D
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
a7x uses schecter, atreyu uses esp, and BFMV uses Jackson and ESP. esp and jackson are your best bet. schecters have fat necks. i dont like that for playing what you call metal. i love my amp. it's super rare and i love it and i got it for about 450. cheap. great cleans and good distortion. yeah if you're gonna go for mesa dont buy a distortion pedal. retunr it and buy a decent overdrive ( TS-9 is good). OD + mesa distortion = awesome facemelting tone.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Page 1 of 2