well, i have been a bass player for a long time now , but since i have had a job, i bought a guitar pedal board of ebay with every effect for a little over 100.

so i decided to buy a guitar. i know basic chords and everything , but im just planning on screwing around with it, like tom morello. i dont care about the quality because im just gonna pimp it out and write on it and make cool effects. any suggestions ?

i am willing to spend up to 250$ , 300 is really pushing it. and a really important note :
i need it to have a full tremlo bar. i know some squiers that just bend forward but not backwards, and i need a guitar that does both.

im thinking maybe something along the lines of

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG120-Electric-Guitar?sku=519426

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GRG170DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=512496
I have the rg 120

its pretty good for the price

it needed a setup though, but just the action

the grg is better

you should try agile guitars on rondomusic
Well, neither of them really have a floating trem, which sounds like what you're looking for.
Look for Ibanezes with EDGE trems, if you want Ibanezes, otherwise guitars with licensed floyds could work.
Quote by adrianjunger
Well, neither of them really have a floating trem, which sounds like what you're looking for.
Look for Ibanezes with EDGE trems, if you want Ibanezes, otherwise guitars with licensed floyds could work.

oh, well if its called floating trem can you please send me some links to websites or products ?

i know deans have them but i try to stay away from them , i just want a normal shaped guitar
Its going to be pretty hard to find a halfway decent guitar in that price range that has a double locking tremolo. I own the GRG and the whammy bar only depresses - it can't be pulled up.

EDIT - I was just searching samash.com to find a guitar in your price range and I found this

ESP LTD MH53

It has a licensed Floyd Rose bridge, which allows you to pull the bar up and push it down.

Also this - ESP LTD M103FM

One more

Dean Vendetta 1F

My honest advice to you is this; save up about $150 more. For guitars in your current price range, you are paying for the licensed FR. The guitar will most likely be of poor quality and have bad pickups. Look to spend at least $400 for a decent guitar with a double locking trem. Also, don't get confused between a double locking tremolo and a 2 point tremolo. A 2 point tremolo is NOT what you are searching for. They are the stratocaster type trems which you said you didn't want
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Last edited by Reds3031 at Jul 23, 2008,