So my band's been in a rut for about 2 months. We coulden't get our tones together, our recordings were coming out crappy, and for the most part we were all pretty uninspired. We were all getting very frustrated.

Then, somthing happened last night. It seemed like we collectively got tight. Our tones were great, cool riffs were just flowing out of us, and even the recordings sounded more like what we sound like live. We played for 8 or 9 hours streight, it was like the best high ever . We wrote 3 songs in one night, where for the past 2 months we haven't even completed one. It was incredible. I can't wait for tonight's practice.

Anyone else experience that kind of thing, where the band collectively can't get it together, then somthing just clicks like a lightswitch?
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Yes, I wrote like 3 1/2 songs a couple days ago.
And one time me and our bassist wrote a song, solo and all, in one sitting.

MC name = Bearrorism
Ya, it happens. i dont have a band but somedays i cant come up with anything new that is decent sounding and some days i come up with stuff in a matter of seconds.

EDIT: to lazylatinorocker: LAZYlatinorocker might've somehting to do with u not coming up with any songs (jokin)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Last edited by Skullshredda at Jul 23, 2008,
Yeah man! We were SO tight practicing the other night! I think we scored about 90,000! We would have got more but the cable from the drums to the console was loose so it kept cutting out.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
i bet tonight your practice is gonna be the worst ever. fate just comes along to spite you.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by blair30
9 hours practice? I envy you. The most I can get out of my bandmates is about 2 hours.

That sucks. We usually practice every night for at least 4 hours (me, the lead, and the bassist anyway).
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Hell yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about. Back in Texas I jam with a group of guys who are so ****ing tight. You know that feeling you get when you are jamming on a riff or a progression, one ****ing groove right? And it is sweet and tight and lasts you a good long while. And then all of a sudden you feel that it is time to change. And when the change happens, everyone changes on the same beat, at the same time, without dropping the groove. I ****ing love that feeling. And it happens so often, without even communicating about it. It just occurs. Like everyone's mind is connected and flowing together. it is wonderful.
Quote by Seryaph
Hell yeah, I know exactly what you are talking about. Back in Texas I jam with a group of guys who are so ****ing tight. You know that feeling you get when you are jamming on a riff or a progression, one ****ing groove right? And it is sweet and tight and lasts you a good long while. And then all of a sudden you feel that it is time to change. And when the change happens, everyone changes on the same beat, at the same time, without dropping the groove. I ****ing love that feeling. And it happens so often, without even communicating about it. It just occurs. Like everyone's mind is connected and flowing together. it is wonderful.

Hell yeah man, we had one like that last night, we were so amped about it when we changed up that we almost lost the riff
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
usually my band practices go, 1 hour messing around on cover songs, Halo break, 20 minutes messing around on cover songs, Halo break, attemp at creating music, the tense part where some one just leaves and then we all give up, more Halo, me telling them to get out of my house

and then I write stuff on my own and present it to the band and they either go "meh" or "wow thats really crappy"

I hate my town
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
Quote by Garou1911

Hell yeah man, we had one like that last night, we were so amped about it when we changed up that we almost lost the riff

Haha, I know exactly what you are talking about. When you all do something so amazing that you almost HAVE to stop playing because you are just stunned that it happened.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
My band hasn't completed 1 song yet and we got together in September 07

Yeah tell me about it...
I knowz how that feels
My signature has doubled...
Quote by Maidenfan066
usually my band practices go, 1 hour messing around on cover songs, Halo break, 20 minutes messing around on cover songs, Halo break, attemp at creating music, the tense part where some one just leaves and then we all give up, more Halo, me telling them to get out of my house

and then I write stuff on my own and present it to the band and they either go "meh" or "wow thats really crappy"

I hate my town

That's how my old band was. We would play covers for a little bit and then the guitarist or drummer would just walk off and either go smoke a cigarette outside or play video games. We never got anything done. I'm so glad I don't have to put up with that shit anymore. I just hope I can find another band soon.
The band that I'm in right now isn't really like that now but myself and our drummer jam out stuff all the time and our changes are perfect with each other. Its amazing. If only it was working with the other guys like that. But that is alot to ask.
When my classic rock/progressive band formed. It's awesome.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS: