hey guys,

went to play today and turned on my marshall.. let it warm up for about 10 minutes or so before i played and it started popping and smelled like it was burning. i took the back pannel off and both of my EL-34 tubes were glowing but the one was glowing a TON more. does it just need replaced or is it an internal problem? stupid amp!

thanks
Guitars
White Gibson 61' SG Reissue
Sunburst Airline 3PDLX
Gibson Les Paul Special
Amps
Marshall 50w JCM 800 with 1960AX Cab
Fender Deluxe Reverb
EHX Stereo Pulsar<Dunlop Rotovibe<MXR Flanger<EHX Big Muff
happened to my old valveking, a screw inside fell on the circuit board and caused the tubes to short out and glow really hot or something.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
ya thats pretty much what mine is doing.... its glowing crazy hot. time to tear it apart... nothin ever works right! thanks tr3nt!
Guitars
Sunburst Airline 3PDLX
Gibson Les Paul Special
Amps
Fender Deluxe Reverb
More often then not, it's a faulty tube, or possibly a cooked screen resistor if oen is glowing hotter than the other/cooked.
yea one is glowing way hotter than the other. i think im just going to take it to my local shop and get them to take an overall look at it.
Guitars
Sunburst Airline 3PDLX
Gibson Les Paul Special
Amps
Fender Deluxe Reverb
Quote by JoshSGPGH
yea one is glowing way hotter than the other. i think im just going to take it to my local shop and get them to take an overall look at it.

Probably for the best if you're not 100% equipment-savvy
Quote by JoshSGPGH

Best thing to do....