looking for a guitar . . . two humb pickups, probably AlNico sort of deal - not too much distortion, individual volume switches, fixed bridge as opposed to strat or floyd style, d shaped neck also pref, lightweight, contoured, well balanced

not fussed about named brand or neck construction (set, bolt on or thru) altho i generally like bolt ons with a decent heel joint - budget £600 in us dollars with tax figured in prob $1000 ish

ive been through a lot of the obvious choices, like epi, fender, jackson, charvel, bc rich, ibanez and so on - just looking for more options if at all poss
Epiphone slash model? LTD EC-1000 with seymour duncans?
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
A SG? Or maybe an ESP Explorer? You could get a very nice LTD one for ~£600. I'd suggest a Les Paul, but the weight and the heel would make it a really bad choice.
Real men don't need sigs.
ibanez RGA121 or waht ever it is.

prestige fixed bridge.

otherwise some sort of les paul with out the weight.
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Hale_91
ibanez RGA121 or waht ever it is.

prestige fixed bridge.

otherwise some sort of les paul with out the weight.

You just reminded me. An Epi Les Paul Ultra. It's a Les Paul with a chambered body. Or maybe a Paul Gilbert Ibanez, or a Tele Deluxe?
Real men don't need sigs.
Wait, Fender makes a 2 humbucker jaguar, right? I think that has a bolt on neck, 25.5" neck, and a gibson style control layout. I think that's what you're looking for.

Edit: I was a little off, but this is what I was thinking of.
http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0259200306

I think this will be more up your alley, though.
http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0137702306
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Last edited by gwitersnamps at Jul 23, 2008,