Hello there,

My band did some recording awhile back for our first EP. For our upcoming album I'm looking to improve the tone of my guitar. Since the recording of the EP, I've changed the pickups to less noisy Lace sensor pickups.

However, I'd like to know in general how I can improve my tone, increasing/decrease treble, bass, mids etc?

Also. The distortion I use is the DS-1 setting of the ME50. I'm looking for another versatile distortion that's in the same range but not as trebley.

We have two guitarists. I am the lead guitarist and perform the solo on Lost It and the strange intro of Lights.

Here is the link to my band's myspace;

www.myspace.com/someelectriclife

Thank you!
Umm... don't you have an EQ to adjust bass/mids/treb? lol... and a lot of tone comes from your fingers, so put your heart into it and don't play like a pussy. It'll sound better, trust me.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
What amp are you playing through?

Also, Unforgiven is a really good song!
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by Dimebag06Darrel
Umm... don't you have an EQ to adjust bass/mids/treb? lol... and a lot of tone comes from your fingers, so put your heart into it and don't play like a pussy. It'll sound better, trust me.

he is asking what he should do with the eq..
Okay... then go by your ear. **** I'll listen one sec. Damn... you can def tell you have a strat in the first song. Really twangy. If that's the sound you were going for though, good job. I don't go for that sound but if you like it whatever. Maybe you should try using bridge/mid pickups both. I'd say you have a little too much bass in your tone, it practically drowns out the actual bass. Other than that you **** sounds pretty good.
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
wow, Really good stuff. I really liked your solo on lights, it was real tight.

Also, I think unforgiven is good, but it would be really cool if you added some lead's over the rhythm guitar... I think like a piano or a violen or maybe just a couple of guitar leads would make that song a lot better... which it already sounds great, just a little bit incomplete.

Your singer has a pretty good voice too.
Yeah, I'd agree with Unforgiven sounding incomplete. We're recording an album next month or so, the studio there has a keyboard so I might lay down some violins or piano. Might make it fairly "The Who" esque or something.
Then live it'll be pretty stripped down.

On Lights, the solo is by our front man Elliot. He's a damn good guitarist, plays a Gibson SG.

With regards to Dimebag, yeah, I'll take that on board. My tone is alot less twangy and more full these days. I really had to change the pickups because they were picking up alot of radio interefence from the mics and stuff, so made it impossible for backing vocals.

Our latest song, is called Makemake. It's a fairly fast song with a catchy riff which like races with the beat, then a chorus that relaxes and is pretty epic. There's a bridge bit where we just completely tone it down, gentle strumming, then take it back into the chorus with a bang. Really proud of it.

Makemake, good song name or bad? It's named after one of Jupiters moons that got designated to be a dwarf planet. I saw it on Wikipedia and it inspired me to start off the song with "I don't want to make", and I took it from there.
If I were you I'd hammer the front of the Blues Junior with two OD's. Would definitely sound richer. Then EQ to taste
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Hmm. I think I might go an get a Vintage ProCo Rat. Less trebely and harsh than the DS-1.

I was wondering, does my band sound like anyone? Soundwise?
definatly get the pro co rat and an overdrive a ts9 will do just fine...if you really want to get thick you might check out a big muff also i hate to say it but for your style i would get a guitar with a humbucker either that or push your mids a bit more to thicken up your done coupled with that and the overdrive/rat you should hear a big diference