hey, all. I have a kramer with a FR, and im done with it. I want a fixed bridge out of it, so i tried blocking the back of hte unit, so it would e dive only by putting a piece of wood in and tightening up hte springs. it was a little bit foreward out of the body, but i didnt hink that would be a big deal. it is. it keeps going out of tune. to do this "surgical procedure" i used a... i forgot the name of it. the thing you put on a wrench to get hex nuts off of stuff. anyway, i found the right size that fitted inbewteen the block and the ass end of the guitar when it was level perfectly. so now im wondering, could i just take that, and leave it in, with no springs on? would the tension of the strings hold it so it wouldnt fall out? and i wouldnt use the trem at all after this, so what do you guys think? thanks!
one word: tremolno.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
yes tremol-no, you can change your floyd to
A)hardtail style
B)vintage tremolo
C)free floating floyd

no matter which mode you use you will find you have better sustain.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
nothing i can think of sorry. but tremol-nos are only $65 list price so you can get them for like 40 at someplaces

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
what im asking, though, is would keeping this thing (its a round, cyllindrical thing that you use to put on nuts and stuff. like with bolts- not guitar nuts haha) in the free space, without springs would work. i medan, theoretically it should but you can never be sure, and i dont wanna break all my strings from it ****ting out on me.
it would work but it would be inneficient and your guitars tuning would fluctuatle wildy, esp. during playing

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
well even the tiny-est little movement either way of the bridge would change the tuning.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
string tension, spring tension and your hand touching the bridge all move it. if the tension is not exactly equal then it wont stay perfect.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
when you tighten/loosen the strings it'll take pressure from the socket(s)

just use wood/thick cardboard (i used cardboard to do mine!)
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
You need to leave the springs in, but you don't block the recess on the front of the guitar, you block the rear cavity.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com