Is this a bad thing. I can see the seams in the wood and can tell its made of 4 pieces. Did i get the crappy body out of the bunch or is this common for aerodyne strats. Just wanna hear an opinion on it.
NEVER STOP PLAYING
well, i have a MIM fender tele thats a 4 piece ash body, but they did a pretty good job matching the grains to make it not so obvious, people only really notice one seem joint when i point it out. its not that uncommon to have multipul piece bodys, but if the seams bad, and you can see the filler, then it was done pretty cheaply.
Quote by the_strikes
Do you plan on doing a natural finish?

No i'm keeping it black. I was just curious if this is a flaw in craftsmanship or will have a big effect on tone.
NEVER STOP PLAYING
Quote by chris024
well, i have a MIM fender tele thats a 4 piece ash body, but they did a pretty good job matching the grains to make it not so obvious, people only really notice one seem joint when i point it out. its not that uncommon to have multipul piece bodys, but if the seams bad, and you can see the filler, then it was done pretty cheaply.
yah i can see 3 lines clear as day on the top, sides, and back. It just kind of pisses me of cuz i paid 150 for a used aerodyne body and i can see the lines in it
NEVER STOP PLAYING
if your gonna paint it i wouldnt sweat it...

wait its already painted? and you can see the lines? thats kinda crappy if so. maybe sand it down throw some grain filler on it, then repaint it. little bit of work, but you'll hide the lines. mine a natural finish and just "looks" like 4 pieces, theres no flaw in the finish that shows the 4 pieces.
Quote by chris024
if your gonna paint it i wouldnt sweat it...

wait its already painted? and you can see the lines? thats kinda crappy if so. maybe sand it down throw some grain filler on it, then repaint it. little bit of work, but you'll hide the lines. mine a natural finish and just "looks" like 4 pieces, theres no flaw in the finish that shows the 4 pieces.

so basically its just a cosmetic issue. and i shouldn't be concerned about it otherwise. Also it has a black finish does that have something to do with it showing through?
NEVER STOP PLAYING
Quote by Timi87
yah i can see 3 lines clear as day on the top, sides, and back. It just kind of pisses me of cuz i paid 150 for a used aerodyne body and i can see the lines in it

Post pics. I have the Aerodyne Strat and Jazz Bass, both in Black with Cream/White binding. They're both solid colors so there's no way to see how many pieces.
Quote by Ippon
Post pics. I have the Aerodyne Strat and Jazz Bass, both in Black with Cream/White binding. They're both solid colors so there's no way to see how many pieces.

If you look at it at a certain angle you can see lines in the finish where the seams in the wood are. its not blatantly obvious but you can see it pretty easily. you probably couldn't see it in pics. I wouldn't of bought it if i would have seen that on ebay.
NEVER STOP PLAYING
Quote by Timi87
If you look at it at a certain angle you can see lines in the finish where the seams in the wood are. its not blatantly obvious but you can see it pretty easily. you probably couldn't see it in pics. I wouldn't of bought it if i would have seen that on ebay.

I've inspected both prior to buying them and in bright sunlight to expose any finish flaws. Then, I inspected them again once I got them home ... there's no way one can see the number of pieces.

Post pics.