i was recently on the Jay Turser website, browsing. And the guy i got my guitar from had a JT-50 (SG) and a JT-300(strat) for sale. $70 each or $120 for both. well, i checked them out, it being my first electric guitar played, no, wait, scratch that, my first electric guitar ever TOUCHED.(never used an acoustic either) and now looking back 1 1/2 years later, and realized that the only reason I got my SG is because it had strings on it, and the strat didn't. Now, i realize that I like SG's better than strats.

anyone else get their first guitar like me??

EDIT: what i mean is did anyone get there guitar over another guitar because of something minor like it not having strings, ect?
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Jul 23, 2008,
Quote by Lucas Bundy MAN
I think most people got ther first guitar so your not alone.

i think he meant did anyone get one under the same circumstances or maybe did their first one alter their taste in guitars

which i have to say happened to me, i had a strat first and i really fer the strat radius and neck feel compared to a les paul/sg

so after i get my 7 string that im gassing for i want a strat and im gonna get an s-s-s but put all mini buckers in then coil tap them for ULTIMATE TONAL VARIETY!!!!!!
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
i didn't have a choice on my first bass guitar

my mom agreed to buying my friend's used one, until i could prove i was worthy of a better one

and well. i did
My first guitar was a POS HSH Yamaha strat from Argos
I despise the thing
ohai little sig.
My first guitar was awful. Walmart first act. No, just no.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Yeah, I wanted a Fender Bullet and a Peavey amp - this was the 80's and my dad forced me to get an old Gibson Les Paul Standard and an old BF Dual Showman. He paid the difference