Does anyone know the "secret" to making your fx pedal sound better? Some dude on ebay is selling the info on how to do it and I know it just basic Knowledge. Anyone know it?
For god sake don't buy into scams like that ...
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by halftempted
Does anyone know the "secret" to making your fx pedal sound better? Some dude on ebay is selling the info on how to do it and I know it just basic Knowledge. Anyone know it?

Yeah I know what your talking about but I don't know the secert, But I can tell you that alot to making the tone is in the parametric eq. Take the hi gain all the way out and put the hi frequency all the way up. It makes a world of difference to getting a smoother less digital tone.
You just have to screw around with the settings. There's nothing you can really do to it besides setting it up right to make it sound good. There's not necessarily a "wrong" way to set up your multi effecs. Just, bad ones.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Theres no secret to it as there is no one setting for everybody. Different guitars, different amps, different music styles. You just gotta experiment to find what best for you. Unless this guy is trying to sell some magic mojo for the electronics inside the pedal even then hes full of it.
As a past user of the Boss GT-6, I know the 'secret' that he's trying to sell you.

Some guy bought the information and posted it.

All he tells you to do is run the GT-6 (or other unit) straight through the Return of your amp's Effects Loop. That way, the sound isn't affected whatsoever by the preamp of the amp.
Quote by StratFox
As a past user of the Boss GT-6, I know the 'secret' that he's trying to sell you.

Some guy bought the information and posted it.

All he tells you to do is run the GT-6 (or other unit) straight through the Return of your amp's Effects Loop. That way, the sound isn't affected whatsoever by the preamp of the amp.

And how much does he charge for that info?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
H'es charging like 5 dollars haha. I wasn't going to waste money on it So I figured you guys would Know about it. Yeah StratFox thats What I heard it was.I 'll try it out
Quote by Epiphany521
link? i wanna see this

+1

This sounds grand.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
crap in = crap out in the audio field.
you can tweak audio gear all you want but if you put cheap components into a cheap circuit it will sound like crap no matter what you do.

Line6 is good for practice but if you want good tone get something else.
i heard mustaine uses a line 6.....
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by ilovemySG
i heard mustaine uses a line 6.....

He claimed it was the best and most reliable thing he's ever used. He sold them on ebay 3 months later as they apparently never worked right on tour. Now he'll die with his Marshall JVMs. the irony is, the JVMs aren't shining examples of good amp construction either (PCB mounted controls ftl)
Quote by Sample246
The secret?

Put this sticker on it. It'll sound 300% better.

works wonders!

on topic: scam scam scam
*Sigh* Anything to part people from a precious two dollars. You could buy a whole two loaves of bread with that! Why would you want a '[Bad ass-tone] Secret'? Crazy people...