I like hearing what the worst gigs are of people i know because they are funny and make you feel less bad about ones you do yourself:-

I played this gig where the 'promoters' said they booked a venue of 300 people capacity which was 400 miles away from us and wanted us to headline because they saw our review in kerrang. anyway we got there and it turned out to be 2 13 yr olds and their parents 'the promoters' who wouldnt even give us more than 1 beer each because we didnt perform to them. Facepalm.
I once played a gig at a place called the Search Bar.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Never played one. Never even been in a band.

I live a sad, sheltered life.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
We started playing, then my singer was like "I don't want to sing" but we made him, then our drummer walked off stage. Show end.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
We were playing at some Adoptive Children Foundation charity organization. My other guitarist's input jack cut out. I had to play most of the set myself. I didn't know the songs very well. Didn't have a sound guy, and I kept going out of tune.
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
Dx Oh God...at this one highschool meeting they hired us. We were supposed to do a 30 minute set. They didn't know where they wanted the bands. We must have set up like 5 times in different places. We only got a 2 minutes block of time. We played "Lake of Fire" and didnt' even get to do the damn solo
The Pit. The Movie.
I Had to play guitar for an emo band. I went on stage, and they started sucking, so I decided to knock over the mic. Flip off the Singer and, walk out with there guitar.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

It came out like 2 weeks ago

We all saw it

We all pointed and laughed

We all secretly wished we could afford it
I havent had a bad gig yet with my band, but with a friend we were supposed to cover Smells Like Teen Spirit, guitars only, and the CD player wouldnt work for the backing track
When all else fails, ask the pit.
we played some little ****hole downtown and the sound guy didn't know what he was doing and on top of that, our guitarist was getting this really horrible feedback and everyone in the crowd was getting super pissed.
I played at an outdoor concert, which was awesome in that was outdoors, but that's it. My guitar broke and I had to use the guitar of a kid in another band. I have a Saga-kit Stratocaster with Fender Tex-Mex pickups, so when I agreed to borrow this kid's Mexican Strat, I though it would a step up, or at least even with my guitar.

I was so wrong.

I forgot the words to one of our original songs, and we were the only band there that wasn't like hardcore or metal. It basically cold sucked.

Still, playing outside was cool.
Quote by QuebecMetal
I once played a gig at a place called the Search Bar.

Oh I know where that is! Everyone just ignores it...
You know, this thread has a helluva a lot of potential to be a very good thread for young band leaders.
The Pit. The Movie.
One gig the soundguy messed up the levels in my monitor so my own amp was deafening but I couldn't even hear the rest of the band at all. I was playing like I was on crack, I played a solo 4 times faster than it was meant to be and we were out of time and out of sync all over the place. I finished the set by shouting 'THANKYOU DONINGTON!!!!' into the mic to really take the piss
ohai little sig.
I was playing saxophone for a jazz band and we got hired to play at a local coffee/book store. The practice the night before was great but i woke the next morning with a horrible sinus infection. It was so bad my sinus passage was bleeding and there was blood in my spite. when I saw this I quite playing and our other horn players were not confident enough to play by them selfs and every song sucked. the worst part is someone showed up to hear us play that was told we were good, we didn't get that job.
Quote by Demonikk
One gig the soundguy messed up the levels in my monitor so my own amp was deafening but I couldn't even hear the rest of the band at all. I was playing like I was on crack, I played a solo 4 times faster than it was meant to be and we were out of time and out of sync all over the place. I finished the set by shouting 'THANKYOU DONINGTON!!!!' into the mic to really take the piss

actually that sounds very entertaining lol
ALL HAIL DETHKLOK UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!!
Quote by TooFast
I'd drag my dick through a mile of glass just to hear her fart through a walkie-talkie.

Add Me on myspace
http://www.myspace.com/allannoe
my bassist told me "hey do you wanna play The Passanger from the Stooges" and I agreed even I didnt heard the song ever and the day before the presentation my guitar started to hear like overdriven in clean and rythim mode the ****in nail fall and in the presentation I heard really bad my drummer had a car accident so he couldnt use his foot very well and the rest is history
Quote by Raoul_Duke_92
I have played a gig at an old folk's home. Akward as hell.

Why does that remind me of Spinal Tap? xD
The Pit. The Movie.
I played at some stupid youth drug/alcohol awareness thing. Fcuking waste of time. I suggested that the audience go and get drunk with me afterwards.
Heh. My band, a "scary", very noisy, and very ****ed-up and very loud four piece, got booked with a metal 3 piece to play a club in mid michigan that nobody'd ever heard of by an agency that we'd never heard of. We were offered $600 so we agreed. drove there and foudn out it was an all-ages skating rink popular with young churchgoing teens - very wholesome and nicey-nice and moral. no stage, no pa, no nothing. manager comes up and says "we expect you to play all cover songs with no swearing or any questionable content, and then if things are going well, you can play one or two originals at the end of your set." ummm....we didn't know any covers, diddn't do any covers, and none of our songs was remotely "moral." so, the metal band starts playing, gets booted off after three songs...the guy motions us to start playing, we get halfway through one song, and he comes running up waving his hands, telling us to stop. he gives us our money and tells us to leave IMMEDIATELY. which we do. the end.
---
Only assholes vote Republican.
---
1988 Gibson SG Deluxe
1975 Hiwatt DR103
Carvin X100B
Quote by lolcats
I played at some stupid youth drug/alcohol awareness thing. Fcuking waste of time. I suggested that the audience go and get drunk with me afterwards.

Probably the most "rockstar-ish" thing you could have done really
once someone was taking pictures of me and my band so i was like hey take that but no one did anything so i was like ill take it god dammit then i beat him up and got back onstage and said thanks to this lame ass security im going home
IAMREALLYCOOL
never really played a bad one actually. the worst thing to ever happen was our set getting cut short but thats not that bad.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Urm, playing to a bunch of kids at a youth center, with my old amp cutting out.

Although to be honest, we only did it so we had somewhere to keep our kit over night for the next day when we had a proper gig.
Quote by th3yn3v3rsl33p
Heh. My band, a "scary", very noisy, and very ****ed-up and very loud four piece, got booked with a metal 3 piece to play a club in mid michigan that nobody'd ever heard of by an agency that we'd never heard of. We were offered $600 so we agreed. drove there and foudn out it was an all-ages skating rink popular with young churchgoing teens - very wholesome and nicey-nice and moral. no stage, no pa, no nothing. manager comes up and says "we expect you to play all cover songs with no swearing or any questionable content, and then if things are going well, you can play one or two originals at the end of your set." ummm....we didn't know any covers, diddn't do any covers, and none of our songs was remotely "moral." so, the metal band starts playing, gets booted off after three songs...the guy motions us to start playing, we get halfway through one song, and he comes running up waving his hands, telling us to stop. he gives us our money and tells us to leave IMMEDIATELY. which we do. the end.

Hey. You made 600$. That's awesome. Unless your twenty in the band.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss