Hello this is my first post but uh... i got this korg CA-30 tuner (or sumthin like that) and well how do i do drop d tunning?
It's a chromatic tuner isn't it? Just tune to the notes it should be (DADGBE, low to high).
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
or if you don't have a tuner nearby, fret the 7th string on your low E. downtune it until it sounds the same as your open A string
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo
i got a Chromatic korg CA-30 but my question is how to do drop d tuning with that tuner
P.S. i also have a Korg GA-sumthin but i kinda know how to do drop d but i just want to know how to do drop d with that CA-30 Tuner
Quote by Guitargod55
i got a Chromatic korg CA-30 but my question is how to do drop d tuning with that tuner
P.S. i also have a Korg GA-sumthin but i kinda know how to do drop d but i just want to know how to do drop d with that CA-30 Tuner

Tune your guitar as normal then retune the low E until it's a low D instead.

Use the tuning thread next time though, it's all explained in there.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
What I do is fret at 2nd on each string and tune normally. Simple as that. You're just lowering all strings by a whole step, so you gotta make your 2nd frets sound like open strings in standard.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Tuning to your 2nd frets will not make it drop D, and it is not a whole step either man :/

Just tune standard and then tune your low E two frets down by matching the 7th fret of your low E to your A.
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
Am I the only one who noticed the irony of his name and what he's asking?
A "GuitarGod55" asking how to get to drop D?

Lower the low E string until it rings in unison with the the, ummm, let's seeee...... D string!
And it's easier to use the GA-30 tuner than it is the CA-30. Just press the flat button twice and retune the low E string(lower it way down first then come back up to proper tuning, never down from sharp). With the chromatic tuner, you pretty much have to know all of the notes and their relationship to each other, and in what octave you're in on any particular string.
just remember whichever suggestion you take when tuning, always tune UP so that the string wont slip out of tune when you are playing. basically just unwind it a bit then tune up to what you want. im not going to help any more than that i dont know what your tuner is like, sorry