Lately, i have been very dissatisfied with my amp. I currently own a Traynor YCV 50, which is by no means a bad amp, it's a great amp actually...But it was made for classic rock, and is best for classic rock. My musical tastes are shifting, and so is what i want in an amp. I no longer want marshall crunch tones. Infact, i have grown bored with marshall crunch tones, they just don't satisfy my hunger. Lately, i've been liking the sound of more modern voiced amps. I'm not sure if it is just me, but 6l6 amps just seem to sound more smooth, defined, and a more clear sound in general. I envision EL34 amps (think JCM 800) as a darker, more grainy amp, with a very warm tone, and i don't want a really warm tone anymore. I want more gain, more gain. I wouldn't say i'm anywhere near a gain whore, but i definitely want more. And don't suggest me an OD pedal, because unless the OD pedal can get rid of the extremely warm sound of my amp, and the buzzy, farty bass that occurs when i turn the gain up, then i don't want it. With my amp now, it seems that when i turn up the gain, it becomes a different amp than what it is with the gain lower. It doesn't really get muddy, but just less defined, notes don't cut through as good, etc. And the low end really lacks when the gain gets turned up. I'm not sure why it is this way, but it definitely is. Hitting an open E power chord is quite dissatisfying to me. I'm sure it sounds a lot different with a fatass with less strings, and a caveman with sticks in the mix, but i just don't like the low end on this amp. And i'm sure im turning it loud enough, infact, it gets worse the louder i turn it. I had it cranked, all the way, master and channel volume at full, so it was quite loud. Actually, it was knocking stuff off the walls (50 watts), so getting powertube saturation isn't the problem here.

I've been thinking lately, that a boogie tone would be nice. Of course, in order to get a boogie, that would require some serious saving on my part. I figure i could get 500 for my current amp. I realize a F-30 or F-50 is about 600-ish, but i ask myself, will this fix my issues? A good clean tone is neccecary. It doesn't need to be a fender clean, but i don't want to feel like i own a single channel amp. Also, there is the rectoverb that goes for about 900-1000. I realize that it is a rectifier series amp, but how different is it from the rectifier heads?

I'm just very frustrated.

Note: Only read 2nd paragraph if tl;dr
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Before you bail on the YCV 50, maybe try some KT77's in the power section.

Failing that, the Mesa F-50 would probably be a great choice for you. Excellnet cleans, and a heavy crunch channel. Rumor has it that the F series was discontinued because it was cutting into the sales of the Rectos.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Before you bail on the YCV 50, maybe try some KT77's in the power section.

Failing that, the Mesa F-50 would probably be a great choice for you. Excellnet cleans, and a heavy crunch channel. Rumor has it that the F series was discontinued because it was cutting into the sales of the Rectos.

I was gonna suggest trying new power tubes too.
I've been saying that i'm going to try KT 77's for like, 2 months now. I guess, for 45 dollars it's not going to kill me if it saves me from getting a different amp.

I am just very frustrated right now, that's all.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Damn you, now I'm all worried about my blue...But seriously man, take the lead and then tell me if it has any improvements or not.
So, the things you mentioned may tighten up the bottom end of the amp, but i still think she will be lacking on the gain end of the spectrum.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer